BIG TIME

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: BIG TIME

Postby ed_vantage17 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:00 pm

FTW!

My massive hoard at the moment.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:06 pm

ed_vantage17 wrote:FTW!
My massive hoard at the moment.

I am getting old had to look up "FTW" and from http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/f/f/What-Is-FTW-for-the-Win.htm
Question: What Is 'FTW'? What Does It Mean?
While participating in an online discussion forum about cars, you see this weird expression "FTW". People post phrases like "anti-lock braking, ftw!" and "all-wheel drive, ftw!". You also see the same thing in an online gaming forum. The gamer participants are posting phrases like "polymorph, ftw!" and "druid hurricane, ftw!".

Answer: In 2011, the most common meaning of "FTW" is "for the win", an internet expression of general enthusiasm.

While there were nastier meanings in previous years, FTW today commonly stands for "For the Win". It is an expression of enthusiasm. "FTW" is a type of cheer, or a strange way of exclaiming "this is the best" or "this item will make a big difference, I recommend using it". Examples would include: "anti-lock braking, ftw!", "spellchecker, ftw!", and "low-carb diets, ftw!"
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby ed_vantage17 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:14 pm

It can also mean F*** The World, but I was going for what you found.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fansubs_ca » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:40 am

Nickelmeister wrote:Not copper, but...

The tellers at my credit union were suprised when I ramped up from $20/week to $40/week.
Then I told them about your operation... :D (One of them mentioned annother CU member
that bought some silver from you.) I'm glad I haven't gotten stuck with any of your dumps yet.
Obviously with your level of volume you aren't doing your dumps at the Safeway self-check
out like I do. :D
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Nickelmeister » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:10 am

fansubs_ca wrote:
Nickelmeister wrote:Not copper, but...

The tellers at my credit union were suprised when I ramped up from $20/week to $40/week.
Then I told them about your operation... :D (One of them mentioned annother CU member
that bought some silver from you.) I'm glad I haven't gotten stuck with any of your dumps yet.
Obviously with your level of volume you aren't doing your dumps at the Safeway self-check
out like I do. :D

Ummm... do I have a stalker??
Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby adagirl » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:56 am

sounds like a stalker dude!
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby Nickelmeister » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:10 pm

TXBullion wrote:Might as well show the silvermeister

Okay, last one:

Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:23 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:INCOMING :mrgreen:

I thought I recognized the picture in this eBay auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170693801635

Only 40 miles from SF mint? How many 'S' mint marks in there?
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:38 am

Dang.. I was wondering how many I could sneak out the back door before one of you guys busted me.. lol. Even as close to the SF mint as I am.. due to low mintages and many years the Granite Lady did not produce cents.. a typical copper mix only contains 5-7% S mint cents. Certainly not enough for me to warrent looking at the dates. Heck, I don't even have time to pull the wheat cents out. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby fansubs_ca » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:13 am

Nickelmeister wrote:
Ummm... do I have a stalker??

No, but I have lurked on this board (at this and the old site) years before I signed up
to post and it's kinda hard to not remember when you post a picture of tons and tons
of nickels just before shipping them out. :lol:

The only reasons I've never been to your store is:

-I bought most of my physical silver before then from Kitco or Jerry down in Grand Forks,
my "old" savings is all invested.
-I haven't really had any "new" savings for the last few years since things slowed down at my
work, getting by, just no significant extra money.
-That damned PST on coins really discourages buying local. :?
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing