In the Wild....

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

In the Wild....

Postby IdahoCopper » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:46 am

Yesterday, I went into the gas station to buy a lotto ticket. As I waited for the lady in front of me to buy a pack of cigarettes with a double handful of small change, I immediately noticed that the lone Kennedy was a different color from the the usual junk coins. So when it was my turn, I gave the clerk a $20 for a $2 lotto, and asked if I could have the half dollar as part of my change.

She said she collects them, and asked if I did too. I said yes, so she very nicely included the 1965 40%er in my change. $6 of Ag for $0.50!! Yay! Today or tomorrow I'm going back to ask her if she would consider selling part of her collection.........

I was mostly buying the lotto ticket to break a $20 to buy a 1921 Morgan from a private party for $27.

Monday I noticed 3 ads on the local craigslist offering 25x face for 1964s and earlier. So I posted my ad 3 times for 27x face, and got the call for the Morgan. She also asked about a 1978 Ike, I looked it up in the wiki, and saw none were silver, and told her it was worth a buck. She agreed to sell her Morgan for $27.

When we met, she said she also had a Liberty coin, which I took to mean an ASE. I offered her $27 for that and she agreed. I followed her back to her place and made that deal for her 2005 ASE. She even tossed in the Ike as change for the $30 I gave her. She seemed ecstatic to get $54 for her two coins.

So I got about $77 of Ag for $54.50, a good day; and I especially enjoyed bagging the wild Kennedy.

{EDIT} - I just checked the lotto ticket. It is a $12 winner! LOL! So it was $77 in Ag for $44.50! Not bad at all. {/EDIT}
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Re: In the Wild....

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Bagged two Rosies in the wild; a 61 yesterday and a 64 today. Wonder the odds of that? I haven't seen one in a couple years.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals