What Would You Do Here?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

What Would You Do Here?

Postby Hawkeye » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Normally, I set aside a little money each week for silver, and when my "piggy bank" is full (usually about once every 2 months or so), I buy silver. This dip has me seriously wanting to buy some right now and I'm still about 2-3 weeks from being at my normal buying level. Would you go ahead and buy now with about 75% of the normal buy, or just wait it out and keep my schedule, buying in a couple weeks?
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: What Would You Do Here?

Postby balz » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:22 pm

Hawkeye wrote:Normally, I set aside a little money each week for silver, and when my "piggy bank" is full (usually about once every 2 months or so), I buy silver. This dip has me seriously wanting to buy some right now and I'm still about 2-3 weeks from being at my normal buying level. Would you go ahead and buy now with about 75% of the normal buy, or just wait it out and keep my schedule, buying in a couple weeks?

My personal plan is to wait for tomorrow and if the dip continues, I will buy more silver on my margin. I am 100% sure to regain all this in the coming weeks.
balz
Penny Collector Member

Postby Mossy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:24 pm

I think I'm going to do the same as Balz.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:27 pm

I think I'm gonna rob a liquor store tonite and buy Ag with the proceeds tomorrow.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby balz » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:34 pm

shinnosuke wrote:I think I'm gonna rob a liquor store tonite and buy Ag with the proceeds tomorrow.

Hehe that's kind of the opposite of the usual thing! Usually, robbers steal Ag to buy alcohol! ;)
balz
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:17 pm

My crystal ball says... buy. Don't blow you wad though, just buy what you can afford.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby mr18 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:01 am

I would buy as much as I can afford on any given silver price drop. the challenge is finding the deals online, aside from providentmetals.com, where are all you guys buying your silver from? I wont find any this weekend, all the flea market vendors are sure to put their metals away or place a pretty hefty premium.
mr18
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Hawkeye » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:33 am

Bought a little last night and a little more this morning. I usually buy from Provident because I don't buy that much and they have reasonable shipping charges on smaller orders.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:44 am

shinnosuke wrote:I think I'm gonna rob a liquor store tonite and buy Ag with the proceeds tomorrow.

:lol:

Yeah the Hamburgler and I are holding Ronald McDonald captive right now demanding 50K ransom. I will use my cut for Ag buying....he of course has his eye on 25 thousand Mcdoubles.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:58 am

chill. i have a feeling the equities market invoked rule 48, which means the ticker's being monkied with. see if Greece defaults, or BAC gets in big trouble.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Moodys-do ... et=&ccode=
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals