Silver's $10 dollar haircut in two days

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver's $10 dollar haircut in two days

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:13 pm

I mean come on. A 10 buck sell off in two days. :roll:

I had some fantastic buys last weekend that now just seem like OK buys.

I guess they figured out the debt thing, everyone has a job now, and they got social security fixed for good......not sure why my paper is buying more today?
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: Silver's $10 dollar haircut in two days

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:24 pm

"Last week, there were 97% bullish consensus amongst silver futures traders for many days in a row. That sets an all time record for excessive bullishness, and usually this is a precursor to a market top"

http://govtslaves.info/2011/05/02/are-w ... etals-top/
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:42 pm

G&S were bound to correct, I just didn't think they would correct this far, this fast. The Ag market is much more volitile than Au. I thought those 4-5 margin increases (in one week) were suppose to address that? It's all one big paper game.

Today is another buying opp. Cost average in a little at a time. It seems scary to buy on huge dips like yesterday and today, but what else is there? Food, water, guns?
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Hades12 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:27 pm

I would bet now is the bottom and monday will be up big. But you never know, So my thought is to pawn what I have and use the cash to buy. Hard part is I bet there will not be anything local to buy, LCS will be upside down in all of they current stuff, the normal guy I buy from will be upside down and my backup guy will also. APMEX has bars and rounds at 35 right now, anywhere else have anything close to spot. Yours thoughts on this?
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Postby franklin » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Apmex had 100 oz J-M bars at around a buck over spot.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:16 pm

I normally don't drink as much of the purple cool aid as others on this site, but I see silver right now as very strong buy.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Hades12 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:42 pm

Wife just ok'ed $500

thinking I might use it here.
http://www.gainesvillecoins.com/product ... value.aspx
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:01 pm

$22.40 x face per www.coinflation.com (collectors universe owned and operated website)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Hades12 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:48 pm

So Rodebaugh do you think the gainesville Mixed bag would be a good way to go? Looks like the market closed up today. Most of my Div stocks were up a little, so my average downs on them yesterday was a good bet. Makes me think everyone will come in monday and say " Dang Silver is a at a good buy price this morning"
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Postby mflugher » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:52 pm

Provident financial was slightly lower on 90% silver bags $1000 face... don't know about the smaller lots you are looking at but hsould check them out before you pull trigger.
mflugher
Penny Collector Member

Postby Hades12 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Looks like about the same price. differs by .10
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:37 pm

Hades12 wrote:So Rodebaugh do you think the gainesville Mixed bag would be a good way to go? Looks like the market closed up today. Most of my Div stocks were up a little, so my average downs on them yesterday was a good bet. Makes me think everyone will come in monday and say " Dang Silver is a at a good buy price this morning"

It's a tough call. If your in the market for pre 65 coin I'd say yes (gainsville is solid).......but I would also advise anyone buying or "buying with both hands" not to over extend oneself at any one given price point.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Hades12 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:54 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
Hades12 wrote:So Rodebaugh do you think the gainesville Mixed bag would be a good way to go? Looks like the market closed up today. Most of my Div stocks were up a little, so my average downs on them yesterday was a good bet. Makes me think everyone will come in monday and say " Dang Silver is a at a good buy price this morning"

It's a tough call. If your in the market for pre 65 coin I'd say yes (gainsville is solid).......but I would also advise anyone buying or "buying with both hands" not to over extend oneself at any one given price point.

Thanks

Pulled the trigger on some half's I have the cash to cover them without hurting so why not.
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals