Goldmart.com? Anyone dealt with them before?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Goldmart.com? Anyone dealt with them before?

Postby Henchman » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:35 pm

I held off on buying ASEs on Thursday hoping silver would go down more :lol: Glad I did but now I am getting itchy and don't want to miss the boat by waiting too long. I figure $31 is a good place to buy even if it drops another $5 or so.

I have been checking my local shops today and most don't have full rolls or want too much in premiums.

I checked Apmex, Gainsville and a few others mentioned. Gainsville seems decent but seemed to up their premium today. A few people have mentioned Goldmart.com and I just checked their site out. Seems ok and the prices are great!

Anyone have buying experience with them before?

Their site seems legit but kinda cheesy, which has me hesitant. Everything is laid out in their facts page and even the shipping seems reasonable even with a 3% tack on for CC payment. Still would come in less then some other sites.

So please if you bought from them before, let me know your experience. I want to jump on a few rolls Monday morning.

Cheers,
Henchman
Henchman
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Goldmart.com? Anyone dealt with them before?

Postby barrytrot » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:38 pm

Goldmart.com has a nicely designed site. And a quality domain name. That alone to me indicates its 99% likely to be legit.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Henchman » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:50 pm

Cheesy may have been a strong adjective to use. Just not my style. The domain name is on the same quality as Walmart, which to me is far from quality. It represents the essence of Walmart that you get low prices at a loss of quality. I shop at Walmart when I need essentials but when I am in the pursuit of a large purchase I want the best quality I can get. Just saying I rather pay an extra $100 if I know I am getting good silver (without milk spots, broken/chip tubes) and it will get delivered to my door.

Cheers,
Henchman
Henchman
Penny Sorter Member

Postby barrytrot » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:55 pm

Henchman wrote:Cheesy may have been a strong adjective to use. Just not my style. The domain name is on the same quality as Walmart, which to me is far from quality. It represents the essence of Walmart that you get low prices at a loss of quality. I shop at Walmart when I need essentials but when I am in the pursuit of a large purchase I want the best quality I can get. Just saying I rather pay an extra $100 if I know I am getting good silver (without milk spots, broken/chip tubes) and it will get delivered to my door.

Cheers,
Henchman

By quality I meant that the domain could sell for $1,000+ in five seconds, probably $10,000+. It's a GOOD domain name.

Also "mart" is a word used by thousands of stores, not just "Walmart" :)

And, I'm not sure why you think Walmart would be poor quality? Any brand they carry is the same as everywhere else and their return policy is up there with the best of them. You can't get a Mercedes there, but whatever they do sell is equal in quality to anywhere else.

That said, I have no idea if Goldmart is good or poor. I do know their site didn't let me checkout when I was doing a quick test, so that's bad, obviously :)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby jmoney » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:20 am

jmoney

Postby Double3 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:55 am

They are legit.

Good luck ordering though cause I haven't been able to get passed the shopping cart since Friday night.
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby Mossy » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:06 pm

I suspect that all the online PM sites have disabled sales until Monday.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby franklin » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:13 pm

Mossy: Texas Precious Metals is doing business today. :D
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby franklin » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:57 am

still cannot get to the checkout with goldmart. might be early for those left coasters.

Edit at noon central: Site is taking orders.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals