Market opens and silver is below $30

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Market opens and silver is below $30

Postby Pennysaved » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:17 pm

The sell off continues; anyone guess where it will level off?
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Market opens and silver is below $30

Postby Tantalar » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:21 pm

Surprised to see it go under 30! I spent 50% of my allowance for silver at 30.90 and I was pleased at that. I'll spend the rest on paycheck Wednesday if this keeps up.
If you love antiques, vintage, advertising material, goodwill hunting, gold, silver, and buying and selling on Ebay and Amazon, then you should check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PickingProfits?feature=mhee

"The man who buys cheap laughs once, but cries many times. The man who buys expensive cries once, but laughs many"
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." — Henry David Thoreau
Tantalar
Penny Pincher Member

Postby barrytrot » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:41 pm

Ouch. Everyone here (pretty much) owns silver and/or gold, so this hurts a bit.

I'm now under on my buy on Friday, even with the massive option premium at the time.

I don't like "chasing" but I might in this case simply because the odds of it plummeting forever are minimal.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:59 pm

barrytrot wrote:Ouch. Everyone here (pretty much) owns silver and/or gold, so this hurts a bit.

I'm now under on my buy on Friday, even with the massive option premium at the time.

I don't like "chasing" but I might in this case simply because the odds of it plummeting forever are minimal.

I plan on chasing down further, but I don't have a lot of hope that there will be a lot of physical left at great prices for long. It's already back over 30, and while it actually could still take another further hard dive (and I actually hope it does, as long as I can actually buy at that), I have this feeling tomorrow morning is not going to see it in the 20s.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:01 pm

Ha - Gainesville says their website is down for "routine maintenance" from 6pm today until 9am tomorrow. Sure... Right... :(
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:05 pm

68Camaro wrote:Ha - Gainesville says their website is down for "routine maintenance" from 6pm today until 9am tomorrow. Sure... Right... :(

Now THAT'S funny! :lol: Kind of like some jackass saying he is conducting a weekend silver sale and then you click and find out it was a prank. :?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby dakota1955 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Yes there are people who would do that.
dakota1955

Postby OldPeddler » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:34 pm

I have taken ALL my PM off the market. Frankly I feel this is the warning that SHTF is just around the corner.
OldPeddler
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:45 pm

The Sheikh, with his connection to powers beyond human comprehension, has studied the astrological charts, tea leaves, and goat entrails in relation to the phase of the moon, now makes a sound SWAG on the spot price of silver. A SWAG, to those uneducated in Middle Eastern Arts is similar to a FATWA. SWAG stands for Stupid Wild Ass Guess. :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8638 "The Sheikh's SWAG (Stupid Wild Ass Guess) says mid-20's before it is all over. I swagedly think $25 is the bottom floor it will rebuild on."

I have only sold silver twice in my whole life. Once at $48.25 and the other two weeks ago at $43.17. I have not purchased any since it was $18.00.

Silver will hit mid $20's before this is really over. $25.00 before 10/15/2011. Inshaalah!
Last edited by Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:The Sheikh, with his connection to powers beyond human comprehension, has studied the astrological charts, tea leaves, and goat entrails in relation to the phase of the moon, now makes a sound SWAG on the spot price of silver. A SWAG, to those uneducated in Middle Eastern Arts is similar to a FATWA. SWAG stands for Stupid Wild Ass Guess. :mrgreen:

http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8638 "The Sheikh's SWAG (Stupid Wild Ass Guess) says mid-20's before it is all over. I swagedly think $25 is the bottom floor it will rebuild on."

I have only sold silver twice in my whole life. Once at $48.25 and the other two weeks ago at $43.17.

Silver will hit mid $20's before this is really over. $25.00 before 10/15/2011. Inshaalah!

Well from where we are (almost hit 28s earlier tonight), one bad morning could see that.
68Camaro

Postby slickeast » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:55 pm

68Camaro wrote:Ha - Gainesville says their website is down for "routine maintenance" from 6pm today until 9am tomorrow. Sure... Right... :(

Earlier I had some silver in the basket. Had everything typed in. All I had to do was confirm. My mind wanted to click the button but my gut told me to wait.

I'll soon find out if I made a bad decision.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:09 pm

slickeast wrote:

Earlier I had some silver in the basket. Had everything typed in. All I had to do was confirm. My mind wanted to click the button but my gut told me to wait.

Can't tell you how many times I've done this. More often than not, I waited and it was the correct thing to do.

My next buy point on Ag is $25-26 area... if it gets down there.

If you ever start doubting your PM stash just remember, what we have are real, tangible assets. Let the stubborn, ignorant and ill-informed save their phony fiat rectangles. It won't be worth sh*t one day. I believe that day is very close at hand.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:22 pm

$28.22 and dropping. Damn school. I would love to stay up and watch this thing and wish I had the money to buy, buy, buy. Enjoy the ride, fellas.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:30 pm

Corsair wrote:$28.22 and dropping. Damn school. I would love to stay up and watch this thing and wish I had the money to buy, buy, buy. Enjoy the ride, fellas.

Asia's down over 1.5% , and you said it all, when you wished you had FRN's to buy more, thats why its going lower...not coz of you (lol). but your situation is not unique.

Now if Europe opens bad, trades down 2-3%, we are going to have a bad Monday, and that will include metals, and coffee, and cotton, all of it. i'm starting to think 22 a zee, with a stretched premium for retail, +7...imo focus on the ASES this time.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:34 pm

28.06, this is for real...if you're standing on the railroad tracks with the 8:06 coming at you, you dont get off the tracks, and pat yourself on the back for your wisdom, you get off the tracks...this is a GOOD thing. frigging downside freight train, so what if you gotta pay 7 over.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Pennysaved » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:48 am

So do you think we will hit $25 this week?
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:58 am

I think $25 will be the bottom. Thinking we will be around $27 by the end of the week and $25 next week. The climb up will be SLOW. Maybe summer 2012 before we see the $40 range again.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby schockergd » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:03 am

It touched on $25 already through the night.
schockergd
Penny Pincher Member

Postby silverflake » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:18 am

I scraped together every cent I could Friday, even borrowed some from my wife, went to my local coin shop and was able to buy 18 ASEs @$38 each (ugh, I know, big mark up). Now, for crying out loud the stupid white metal keeps going on sale. You know buying physical stuff cheap really turns me on but I have to admit, I own SLV in my trading account and YES I admit, I had no stop order on it, and it just continues to grind down. Every silver advocate from Patrick Heller to Ted Butler to many of you folks have warned against 'paper silver' but...Well, I continue to support silver and will keep buying physical as long as I can.
Keep the faith guys.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:35 am

this market is going lower. i noticed the spread on 90's, whether it be 100FV or 1000FV is wider than i've ever seen. ASES are bid 32.50 in light numbers, the whole board looks weak. You just GOT to be cool. dont be surprised if you see 18-22 on the board. Now, i dont have anything in these paper instruments, SLV's etc, but my pretend silver is sure going down, am i bummed out? having a bad day?
no way! watch sometime how a barn cat hunts a mouse, that cat will lay still for hours, and when that mouse pokes its head out, he still lays still, when the mouse comes out the hole, then the cat springs.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby AGCoinHunter » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:40 am

Glad the majority of my holdings was acquired for face. Still stings on some of the $40 stuff I bought, but I am about to double down on that. Should cut my basis in half.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby frugi » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:51 am

Pennysaved wrote:The sell off continues; anyone guess where it will level off?

$4.75/oz.
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:14 am

barrytrot wrote:Ouch. Everyone here (pretty much) owns silver and/or gold, so this hurts a bit.

It's not a loss until you sell. Not physical, anyhow. Paper might be a different story, I don't know anything about that.

:roll: I get a paycheck this Friday. My luck PM's will go straight up on Thursday.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:22 am

schockergd wrote:It touched on $25 already through the night.

Damn, I missed that while I was sleeping. Hopefully I get another chance today.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals