Black Swan Coming

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Black Swan Coming

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:47 pm

The most recent margin hike increases by the CME being instituted at close of market on Monday... and the unwarranted leakage of rumors referring to this... caused the precious metals market chaos we just witnessed. As well, undoubtedly TPTB piled on more shorts to the panic selling caused by pending margin calls. The question is... what is their motivation for hammering the markets THIS much in such a short of time? 27% down silver in two days. My guess? This is a pre-emptive strike on their part to discourage participation in the ongoing metals bull that is due to EXPLODE when an event occurs (that they know about, but we are unaware) in the very near future. What that event might be, and in what time frame it might occur are sheer speculation... but know this. They do not operate without motive. Is it only due to the approach of options expiry? I doubt it. There is something much larger afoot. A Greek default? Bank of America bankruptcy? I could go on and on. Now is not the time to become discouraged at recent paper losses, keep the faith and keep stacking.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Black Swan Coming

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:14 pm

Hundreds of black swans are out there flying and swimming around. We are bound to come across an angry one sooner than later. I am not worried about the paper prices and think your conspiratorial thinking is right on
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:13 pm

JFF said the strengthening of the USD would be the realcent black swan, anyone remember that?
TXBullion

Postby aristobolus » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:15 pm

Where is JonFlyFish when you need him?
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby aristobolus » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:17 pm

TXBullion wrote:JFF said the strengthening of the USD would be the realcent black swan, anyone remember that?

I actually wrote my post without reading this one; I guess a few of us have memory of this!
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:08 pm

beauanderos wrote:The most recent margin hike increases by the CME being instituted at close of market on Monday... and the unwarranted leakage of rumors referring to this... caused the precious metals market chaos we just witnessed. As well, undoubtedly TPTB piled on more shorts to the panic selling caused by pending margin calls. The question is... what is their motivation for hammering the markets THIS much in such a short of time? 27% down silver in two days. My guess? This is a pre-emptive strike on their part to discourage participation in the ongoing metals bull that is due to EXPLODE when an event occurs (that they know about, but we are unaware) in the very near future. What that event might be, and in what time frame it might occur are sheer speculation... but know this. They do not operate without motive. Is it only due to the approach of options expiry? I doubt it. There is something much larger afoot. A Greek default? Bank of America bankruptcy? I could go on and on. Now is not the time to become discouraged at recent paper losses, keep the faith and keep stacking.

maybe they smell the wind and they want to get long at a decent price. When Jesse Livermore wanted to corner a stock, he would pound it on the short side, see how much it could take, use his covering as support and start to accumulate.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:18 pm

beauanderos wrote: The question is... what is their motivation for hammering the markets THIS much in such a short of time? 27% down silver in two days. My guess? This is a pre-emptive strike on their part to discourage participation in the ongoing metals bull that is due to EXPLODE when an event occurs (that they know about, but we are unaware) in the very near future. What that event might be, and in what time frame it might occur are sheer speculation... but know this. They do not operate without motive. Is it only due to the approach of options expiry? I doubt it. There is something much larger afoot. A Greek default? Bank of America bankruptcy? I could go on and on. Now is not the time to become discouraged at recent paper losses, keep the faith and keep stacking.

Very good insight here. I also believe they are pre-empting an event that they already know is coming... front-run it by shorting, then go all in at much lower levels.

Bankster boys, please do not let me down. 8-)
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby rainsonme » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:43 pm

I think this may be one way of shoring up the Euro. Eliminating one more escape route for people fleeing the Euro as that crisis deepens. Greek restructuring (default with a nice name) is priced in, but there is much more risk with Italy, Spain, Ireland, and many of the biggest Euro-banks are under-capitalized if they have to revalue the bonds they hold. Besides the dollar, gold and sivler would be the obviouse escape routes; causing a crash in these PM ahead of a rush out the Euro door.
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby aristobolus » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:48 pm

rainsonme wrote:I think this may be one way of shoring up the Euro. Eliminating one more escape route for people fleeing the Euro as that crisis deepens. Greek restructuring (default with a nice name) is priced in, but there is much more risk with Italy, Spain, Ireland, and many of the biggest Euro-banks are under-capitalized if they have to revalue the bonds they hold. Besides the dollar, gold and sivler would be the obviouse escape routes; causing a crash in these PM ahead of a rush out the Euro door.

Keen observations. We also see this pattern with the unprecedented devaluing of the Swiss Franc as well.
Last edited by aristobolus on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Treetop » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:27 am

TXBullion wrote:JFF said the strengthening of the USD would be the realcent black swan, anyone remember that?

Yep... Although this wasnt exactly an actually strong dollar by my understanding but all the other currencies being weaker. the dollar isnt even stronger then these other currencies because it has more to stand on, but because it is the reserve currency.

Paper promises are still papper promises. no end in sight to the build up of our debts.... Moves being made to alter the dollars role as reserve currency. Libya appears in part a move to stave this off. the empire is still burning, its just a bigger empire then other so it takes longer. thats how it looks to me anway...

I do wish though I followed my gut last week or two and sold off some holdings... (that is if i had any Ha!)
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby aristobolus » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:30 am

aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:49 am

Silver has taken a huge hit for sure. What will be interesting is the practical market today. Will $26 gold, which briefly showed its face overnight, actually appear on the NY market today? Will any actual physical dealers honor that and actually sell at that rate? (If so, I see a 100 oz JM bar in my future today.)

For all the "pounding", gold hasn't had the same percentage drop, and is still near its all-time high. Still higher than when I slowed volume buying it 2 months ago. Silver they can let (and others encourage to) fall, but gold seems to have a more solid bottom under it - national interests are buying gold first, and competing for that, so the discounting of gold is far less. 1600 gold? It was hardly any time ago that that seemed far off.

The extreme volatility has been predicted. Hang in there.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:31 am

68Camaro wrote:Silver has taken a huge hit for sure. What will be interesting is the practical market today. Will $26 gold, which briefly showed its face overnight, actually appear on the NY market today? Will any actual physical dealers honor that and actually sell at that rate? (If so, I see a 100 oz JM bar in my future today.)

For all the "pounding", gold hasn't had the same percentage drop, and is still near its all-time high. Still higher than when I slowed volume buying it 2 months ago. Silver they can let (and others encourage to) fall, but gold seems to have a more solid bottom under it - national interests are buying gold first, and competing for that, so the discounting of gold is far less. 1600 gold? It was hardly any time ago that that seemed far off.

The extreme volatility has been predicted. Hang in there.

Right you are, brother. It seems the only prediction that I could accurately make is that there will be volatility.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 am

remember how 20 was the big 'maginot line" to the upside? how much it took to pierce that? you're going to have a wide choice of ASES rolls to buy at 600. thats good.....you might be paying a $7 premium, but so what? there's going to be LOTS of fine Morgan rolls, Peace rolls, i was mister 90 and 40%, post 25X's , this time, its the ASES and Morgan's and Peace dollars, i got my eyes on now. This is the last call to get onboard, this is a GIFT, we just gotta be really cool, and not get crazy, premature, overlevraged, etc.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:20 am

:shock: Wow. Gold dipped below $1550?
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:29 am

Do the greek have a gold reserve? Could they now or in the near term move it to help with debt?

Just running ideas around in the brain.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Mossy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:33 am

Rodebaugh wrote:Do the greek have a gold reserve? Could they now or in the near term move it to help with debt?

Ran into a puzzling claim a couple of weeks back. Seems Greece is forbidden to sell gold by the terms of the European Union or the rules that set up the Euro, or something. Which makes me wonder just what the heck a "gold reserve" is supposed to be a reserve for?
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:38 am

Thanks Mossy
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:48 am

Rodebaugh wrote:Do the greek have a gold reserve? Could they now or in the near term move it to help with debt?

yeh i think they got about 340 tonnes, more or less, Italys the PRIZE, they got about 2400 tonnes, i think.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:30 am

You're welcome. I wish I could be more informative. Maybe someone over at zero hedge can recall what it was.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals