Has anyone ordered from Golden State Mint?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Has anyone ordered from Golden State Mint?

Postby barrytrot » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:33 am

My father in law wants to jump on this "silver sale" and I tried to order for him, but their "phone assistant" (some automatic thing) keeps saying, "sorry you cannot be connected".

Is this normal? Do I just need to call a few times (I've tried 2 times) before I get lucky?

Or are they laying low for the price to hopefully rebound? :)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Has anyone ordered from Golden State Mint?

Postby Mossy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:36 am

What would you be doing if not exactly that?
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby barrytrot » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:48 am

Mossy wrote:What would you be doing if not exactly that?

Ha ha. I suppose.

I mean: If someone has ordered from them before is it typical to NOT get through? I would have thought that I would get through 100% of the time, not zero percent out of 3 :)

Interestingly on the third attempt it kept me on the line for much longer. So maybe it's getting better?

I've called a lot of smaller companies with answering attendants in the past and all of them had actually connected me prior to this :)
barrytrot

Postby barrytrot » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:00 am

Tulving was open so I ordered from him instead :)

A little cheaper premium actually!
barrytrot

Postby Lemon Thrower » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:36 am

GSM is fluky but OK.

you can do a smaller order with them than Tulving. Shipping takes a while - claims he has to make it. In reality, i think its made by some giant mint and he is just an order taker/shell company.

they have some nice designs that are not available through tulving as far as i am aware.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals