watch out below!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

watch out below!

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:06 am

"Greece faces austerity strike as default looms
As markets brace for default, Greek transport workers strike against new austerity measures"

here's the "Lehman" moment:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Greece-fa ... et=&ccode=
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: watch out below!

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:14 am

Just saw that. What jumped out at me most: "Greek police held their own protest..."
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby JJM » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:15 am

Personally, I don't think we're there yet.

Although it appears the market could be pricing it in ahead of time.
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby Mossy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:29 am

68Camaro wrote:Just saw that. What jumped out at me most: "Greek police held their own protest..."

How many ways can a government keep the police on the job? How many of them are good for the country as a whole?

Nasty times coming over there. Another "Road to Serfdom" event?
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:43 am

68Camaro wrote:Just saw that. What jumped out at me most: "Greek police held their own protest..."

thats what GOT me too. when law enforcement says 'enough', watch out...strange days. we got a nice rain front moving thru here, i was doing firewood all weekend long, so i'm just sitting by the stove, watching the world, via the miracle of internet. might turn this thing off, do some reading.

here's some Marty Robbins for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oReqfetS ... 2D45457D5B
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby hejira11 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:37 pm

'm taking notes for when it moves here...
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby Mossy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:50 pm

hejira11 wrote:'m taking notes for when it moves here...

Pretend to be a possum.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:00 pm

neilgin1 wrote:

thats what GOT me too. when law enforcement says 'enough', watch out...strange days. we got a nice rain front moving thru here, i was doing firewood all weekend long, so i'm just sitting by the stove, watching the world, via the miracle of internet. might turn this thing off, do some reading.

here's some Marty Robbins for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oReqfetS ... 2D45457D5B

Sounds like a nice afternoon, after a weekend of work. Guess it's getting chilly up there? Still hotter n blazes down here. Send us some of your weather when you get a chance - I'm tired of summer, and another two months of it to go.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:01 am

More warnings on gold and silver calling for lower prices.

http://www.uncommonwisdomdaily.com/from-larry-urgent-video-market-update-13015?FIELD9=1

Does this guy have any street cred?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:07 am

shinnosuke wrote:More warnings on gold and silver calling for lower prices.

http://www.uncommonwisdomdaily.com/from-larry-urgent-video-market-update-13015?FIELD9=1

Does this guy have any street cred?

the guys on this forum have cred with me, coz they're not trying to sell their hard fought knowledge and wisdom. i dont trust NO 'guru's', i only trust , what we (my crew of degenerate trader friends) call "cool guys", and this forum has plenty of "cool guys", why pay some hump FRN's to reconfirm, what we all already know?.....he should pay the admin here, for their bandwidth costs. Hope you're well, Shinn-san, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals