Girlfriend

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Girlfriend

Postby PennyBoy » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:32 pm

balz wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
balz wrote:Anyone here has trouble with their gf trying to explain what you're doing buying silver, stacking pennies, buying gold, etc.?

Get rid of her and go find yourself an intelligent woman.

This is not a very nice advice.

I'm with balz. Just because our significant others don't understand our madness, that does not make them dumb or selfish. They may have an interest or skill that we don't understand. Does that make us dumb? Obviously not. Remember, Cu Penny Hoarder, we are all unique and talented in one way or another. Some more than others, nonetheless we all are special in our own way.
When people lose everything, and have nothing left to lose, they lose it.-Gerald Celente

My feedback: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8534

Happiness is the key to success.
PennyBoy
Penny Collector Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:41 am

Mine keeps pestering me about how much I spend on coins and PM's. I keep reminding her that the PM's are pretty much the only thing we aren't spending, but rather saving/protecting.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby Mossy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:45 pm

Mine was fully on board. Dead now.

A spouse who is a full partner is an enormous asset. A dunce can kill you. Literally.

A couple hundred years ago in Europe, marriages and marraige contracts were made by parents, if they were around, for exactly this reason. Marriages were as much "business mergers" as domestic.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby barrytrot » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:16 pm

Mossy wrote:A spouse who is a full partner is an enormous asset. A dunce can kill you. Literally.

You are right. A full partner doesn't have to agree with you though. As long as you and her have a partnership the brighter ideas shine through the vast majority of the time!

Sorry for your loss Mossy.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby balz » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:32 pm

barrytrot wrote:
Mossy wrote:A spouse who is a full partner is an enormous asset. A dunce can kill you. Literally.

You are right. A full partner doesn't have to agree with you though. As long as you and her have a partnership the brighter ideas shine through the vast majority of the time!

Sorry for your loss Mossy.

+1!
balz
Penny Collector Member

Postby Mossy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:46 pm

Thanks. It's been nearly 30 years, and I still turn around to say something to her.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby balz » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:40 am

I need to find a way to convince her what I do is good. Now I'm mostly buying silver and she does not like that at all. She'd prefer we pay our debts first. :|
balz
Penny Collector Member

Postby mongo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:50 pm

My wife at first really didnt know what to say. I think she thought it was a bit weird at first. But as time went on I believe she saw the potential and is now very supportive of my sort and hoard.
mongo
Penny Sorter Member

Postby assetcoin » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:30 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:There are many reasons for investing in PM's. One of mine is the wife doesn't understand them much and leaves them alone. Otherwise, she would have spent them, too, a long time ago.

Sheikh is wise indeed.
assetcoin

Postby Mossy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:32 pm

balz wrote:I need to find a way to convince her what I do is good. Now I'm mostly buying silver and she does not like that at all. She'd prefer we pay our debts first. :|

It's a gamble either way. Dumping debt always feels good.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing