Running For Cover

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Running For Cover

Postby beauanderos » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:00 am

Have the shorts decided to cover? Hope I'm not hexing this thing :?
Image Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Running For Cover

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:46 am

Oh boy, up up and away. Hope everone got some of that cheap metal.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby NHsorter » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:00 am

I could not find a lick of silver up here since Thursday that did not have a huge premium on it. Glad I at least bought some SIVR and once I can locate something with a reasonable premium I will sell the stock and use the funds to buy the real thing. It still feels like I missed out on a good opportunity though. The volatility can't be over yet though, so hopefully we'll have another sale soon before this really takes off.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:26 am

Rodebaugh wrote:Oh boy, up up and away. Hope everone got some of that cheap metal.

Doc, its my "purse"..what do i mean?...i got to ramping up heavy when we went from 33 to 44, and now i got to do stuff on the land, that costs FRN's, know what i mean? so i thought, was "led" to be cool, and see if we got 15 to 25 price levels, rather than go into debt trying to catch what i thought was a "falling knife"......when i talk about "do stuff" on the land, what i mean is Thursday, i got a massive crane coming in here, lift the cabin UP, and put it on top of a bunker, that's been dug and concreted, plus, i got boys coming in here with a 500 gallon gas bottle AND a LP generator, all that costs FRN's, big time, at least for me.

thats why i urge all my bro's here, just dont stack Ag only. It has to be the whole spectrum of 'stuff' to sail thru a stormy seas. i'm not talking about buying thousand dollar nightscopes, and a lot of silly horseshit you're urged to buy on prepper websites. it could be as simple as a $75 hundred year old cider press...or an Oregon chainsaw bar, the land and common sense tells you what to buy, not some dopey prepper website, with a lot of armchair preppers hyperventilating, throwing money about, and then dying coz they forgot to stock aspirin, neosporin,a few multi spectrum antibiotics, and a source of vitamin C.

that said, i sure wouldnt MIND a sleek nightscope, but next spring i want a barn, quonset hut, get a few "paints" up here, and a nice wagon, which would be a nice way to spend a spring of 2012 afternoon, clip clop. But i sure am glad a lot of guys got to hit this thing below 30...nice! neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby justj2k78 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:42 am

neilgin1 wrote: stock aspirin, neosporin,a few multi spectrum antibiotics, and a source of vitamin C.

l

These are decent thoughts. One note of caution - Neosporin, Bacitracin and the like do have expirations, so be sure to rotate your stock. I guess you have to make sure to do enough work to keep on getting cuts and scrapes! :lol:
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:55 am

justj2k78 wrote:
neilgin1 wrote: stock aspirin, neosporin,a few multi spectrum antibiotics, and a source of vitamin C.

l

These are decent thoughts. One note of caution - Neosporin, Bacitracin and the like do have expirations, so be sure to rotate your stock. I guess you have to make sure to do enough work to keep on getting cuts and scrapes! :lol:

yeh bud, roger that. laziness is one of my hobbys, which by the Grace of God i can afford...by the by, over at Jimmy Rawles place, they got some vitamin C articles up..i didnt know cod liver oil is C saturated, and i KNOW my neosporin is getting old. My new doc here, a great man, but he's on to me, he can "read my mail"..meaning NO opiates...but i do love the guy, he's class, and no opiates is probably best. oh well, there's always papaver somifernum to sow in spring 12. hey bud, sorry for getting fresh a while back, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:14 pm

Plant some roses for rosehips. an easily storable version of vitamin c....
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:37 pm

Treetop wrote:Plant some roses for rosehips. an easily storable version of vitamin c....

Strawberry leaves, blackberry leaves, salmonberry leaves, lots of different leaves are rich in C.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:44 pm

You cant store those though. amaranth leaves are also and pigsweed, amazingly easy to grow. Lots of others.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals