Nice call brothers!!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Nice call brothers!!

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:03 am

to those men, sharp enough to exploit this 25% downdraft and add to your stack, NICE CALL...balls of steel, for stepping into the gap, and buying when everyone's selling. i sure did think we were going to see 2008-ish lower levels, and i think i was wrong. i'm only comforted in the knowledge my pretend stack is good, and believe me, that pretend stack sure took a dimunition in value, the past week.

Some really sharp guys here, sure glad i found this little cyber haven in a sea of car crazies. For all you do, this round's for you, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: Nice call brothers!!

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:11 am

neilgin1 wrote:to those men, sharp enough to exploit this 25% downdraft and add to your stack, NICE CALL...balls of steel, for stepping into the gap, and buying when everyone's selling. i sure did think we were going to see 2008-ish lower levels, and i think i was wrong. i'm only comforted in the knowledge my pretend stack is good, and believe me, that pretend stack sure took a dimunition in value, the past week.

Some really sharp guys here, sure glad i found this little cyber haven in a sea of car crazies. For all you do, this round's for you, neil

Well thanks Neal. But I must add; don’t throw to many high fives just yet. PM markets (as you know better than most) are volatile beasts that seem to have a mind of their own.

I also think it’s prudent to congratulate the folks that didn’t sell holdings from fear. Two things seem to happen in a volatile down draft. People holding want out, and people not holding want in so as not to miss the reversal.

But as always, regardless of the personal actions you made, understand why you made them in the first place and reflect on that info to strengthen future transaction involvement. :)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby franklin » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:22 am

"that pretend stack sure took a dimunition in value, the past week."

Just don't tell that to your stack. My mercs and franklins have no idea this has happened, still thinking they are worth 42 bucks an ounce, locked away in their cozy little Coinsafes.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

oh oh

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:33 am

franklin wrote:"that pretend stack sure took a dimunition in value, the past week."

Just don't tell that to your stack. My mercs and franklins have no idea this has happened, still thinking they are worth 42 bucks an ounce, locked away in their cozy little Coinsafes.

Frank, banish the thought!! banish the thought!!! if i start talking to coins, God Almighty, known as Yahweh, or El Shaddai, or Jesus, is gonna think i've made those coins into idols, and He is a Jealous God, Who will brook no rivals. its just a pretend stack anyway, i like to pretend i own silver, and buy it. Pretend is fun.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:40 am

Doc Rodee,
thats the thing i dont want to talk about, the churned up waters of the PM market. i'd rather encourage those brave enough to venture forth in unsettled market conditions. as far as "selling" anything? No. Thats the good aspect of physical ownership as opposed to trading in the futures mkt. Physical, you've paid for, those FRN's are locked, cocked and taken out of circ, futures...you get to hanging on every tic of the market, and if you get overextended, either way, your position starts to do the thinking for you, and you're sunk. That's why i would say to anyone, even THINKING of futures mkt involvement, your account has to 100k MINIMUM, and that 100k best be, a stack a paper, you're ready to put in the burn barrel, and douse with petrol...coz if you dont view it like that, you'll trade scared, and probably get mertilized. be well, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:46 am

ps.....there is one thing i find unsettling, it seems to me, that the stock mkt, PM's and Crude are all tracking together. Stocks go up, so do PM's and Crude...stocks get hammered, so do PM's and Crude....besides the strength of my purse, thats the ONE thing that makes a wee gun shy, at this juncture....this recent marriage of the three markets.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:49 am

neilgin1 wrote:ps.....there is one thing i find unsettling, it seems to me, that the stock mkt, PM's and Crude are all tracking together. Stocks go up, so do PM's and Crude...stocks get hammered, so do PM's and Crude....besides the strength of my purse, thats the ONE thing that makes a wee gun shy, at this juncture....this recent marriage of the three markets.

My father and I discused this just yesterday. It seems as though money flows in or out all together......not from one to the other as is expected.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Double3 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:50 am

I dunno if i would say you were wrong. I sure didn't think it would go as low as it did.

Not to mention it could happen again.
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby silverflake » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:02 am

Fellas, don't know if any of you read Jeff Clarks "Growth Stock Wire" newsletter but he's an excellent contrarian investor. Has given me great ideas for investments in the past. Read todays recomendation at www.growthstockwire.com

If you have the guts, you might want to dip your toe in the waters, churning though they may be.
Keep the faith guys.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:15 am

Rodebaugh wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:ps.....there is one thing i find unsettling, it seems to me, that the stock mkt, PM's and Crude are all tracking together. Stocks go up, so do PM's and Crude...stocks get hammered, so do PM's and Crude....besides the strength of my purse, thats the ONE thing that makes a wee gun shy, at this juncture....this recent marriage of the three markets.

My father and I discused this just yesterday. It seems as though money flows in or out all together......not from one to the other as is expected.

agreed....that said, i am laying in wait, IF, we get another punch to the downside. i might be dumb, but i'm not stupid...or is it, i might stupid, but i'm not dumb?..one of those.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:22 am

Rodebaugh wrote:

There's the salient phrase, Doc. "As is expected." Don't think for a moment that the warlocks over at JPMorgan can't read TA a hundred times better than the best, and just when a breakout is baked in the cake... they change the recipe. They intend to distort the precious metals markets SO much that no one knows what will happen next, they grow discouraged or sell, they deter others from entering the market, they wash the weak hand margin players out, etc, etc, etc. They have unlimited "deep pockets" for they are too big to fail. They can place their outrageous reprehensible bets knowing that the House will cover their losses. They may in fact be fronting for the CB's, to incur their desired goals of bolstering faith in fiat and emblazoning in everyone's minds that the pm's are barbaric relics. :o
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:37 am

this is a bit "oh oh" news i just read:

"Due to operational difficulties the London Gold Exchange is permanently closed for business."

http://www.londongoldexchange.com/maintenance/

what the heck does that mean?...i know what it SAYS, but.....oh oh.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:40 am

neilgin1 wrote:this is a bit "oh oh" news i just read:

"Due to operational difficulties the London Gold Exchange is permanently closed for business."

http://www.londongoldexchange.com/maintenance/

what the heck does that mean?...i know what it SAYS, but.....oh oh.

hackers?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:45 am

Has to hackers.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:23 am

Or... operational difficulties being... no gold in the vaults
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:26 am

beauanderos

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:46 am

beauanderos wrote:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/about-london-gold-exchange

oh for pete sakes...i hate when i do know that, just knee jerk attribute without two to three confirmations. Thats bad intel practices, hence i aint gonna buy nothing, bid on nothing, operate heavy machinery, drunk dial....no, i'm going upstairs and lay still for a spell, coz i'm getting as batty as a shithouse rat....(i know...'getting"?) thanks for clearing that up guys, i was set to slash and burn.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Catcher » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:54 am

So why are we here my bothers.... well according to Captain James T Kirk...there is but one answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cOlJdOb ... re=related

I know he rambles a lot....but this is why we are aboard Realcent :) hehehe
Copper Catcher

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals