Got my first American 90% silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Got my first American 90% silver

Postby needler420 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:12 am

My dad is a cashier so since I got into precious metals I told him to pay attention to the change he handles etc.

We always knew silver had a value past the face value of the old change we just never really payed attention.

This will be my 12th silver I got for free. Iv been metal detecting for about 4 months. Stopped for the last month because of the FL heat but when I was doing it daily I found 11 silvers around my house. They were all Canada 80% and 2 50% and a .925 kids ring. Also found a 10% silver 1964 Mexican Peso. Also found many different caliber bullets. From rifle,handgun,shotgun etc.

I got pics of my collection.

The quarter my dad got me is a 1961 Washington. Even with the 25% drop in silver its still $5 worth of silver content. WOOT ill take that for 25 cents.

I also might have a deal on craigslist for x7 1964 Kennedy half dollars and x5 1965 all for $50
I won't haggle the guy down. I feel he's already getting short changed so I'm pay what he's asking. Doesn't feel right to take advantage of someone when their in a weak position to start with. Hope this was the right section for this.
needler420
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Got my first American 90% silver

Postby texcollex » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:48 am

Congrats on the finds!

Be extra careful dealing with strangers on craigslist.

Tex
texcollex
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:05 am

What's up with finding all that Canadian in Florida? Keep searching...you have some great tales to tell.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:04 am

Canadians spending winter in the south. Used to be Florida. Last I heard, they were in Arizona.

Potential problem with Florida: As I recall, "found" treasure belongs to "the crown" (state), a relic from the days of Spanish rule.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby kagarise » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:43 pm

hey needler what machine do you use?
i'm mostly a beach hunter since its literally right out my door its been a good season for me found bout $900 in gold this summer
bout to go hunt a farmhouse built in the 1860s this weekend over the years its had two stores an inn and a bar on it so i have my fingers crossed
only thing that sucks is since im in illinois soon its going to get too cold to hunt.
kagarise
Penny Sorter Member

Postby needler420 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:32 pm

I use a Tesoro Compadre :D

I was going to do beach hunting but water machines cost a lot. Going to detect the dry sand in till I find enough valuables to upgrade gear.
needler420
Penny Sorter Member

Postby texcollex » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:02 pm

kagarise wrote:hey needler what machine do you use?
i'm mostly a beach hunter since its literally right out my door its been a good season for me found bout $900 in gold this summer
bout to go hunt a farmhouse built in the 1860s this weekend over the years its had two stores an inn and a bar on it so i have my fingers crossed
only thing that sucks is since im in illinois soon its going to get too cold to hunt.

Cool, that sounds like an adventure! Probably a lot of nails and junk to sort through. Maybe you can find where the old outhouse was?

Tex
texcollex
Penny Collector Member

Postby kagarise » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:37 pm

yeah didn't get to go out to the farmhouse i got called into work at the last minute

yeah i dont have a water machine either all my finds are from the dry sand since the beach is literally right outside my door i get to put in tons of hours
the water detector guys by me are impressive to watch even when we were getting bad waves here they were still in the chest and shoulder deep water hanging out.

hopefully over the winter i can throw together the money for an excal thats what everyone out here prefers
kagarise
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals