Example of media stupidity

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Example of media stupidity

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:04 pm

Just watch and listen. She will teach you something. This is a real gem. As if we need any more evidence.

LOL, the dollar is backed by something gold isnt....the US.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Example of media stupidity

Postby Neckro » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:08 pm

My brain is now full of F-ck!
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby Nickelmeister » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:15 pm

Ugghh... and "CTV" news (Canadian) in the bottom corner. How embarassing for my country.
Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby marblerye » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:16 pm

That's the quintessential example of the absolute backwards-thinking nonsense that most of our population is too ignorant to question. Obviously Bridget is there as just a pretty face to read from the teleprompters...

“Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play. The tune does not matter, so long it is the only one the public is allowed to hear. Eventually, they will all dance.” -Joseph Goebbels
marblerye

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:20 pm

Just great. :roll:

You guys have been lying to me all along......I thought this gold thing was fool proof :?
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby rsk1963 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:27 pm

Rode- No... gold's not backed by the US Gov, only things that the us gov approves should be bought.

Generalized, progression of mood while watching this ;) :D :) :oops: :o :shock: :x :evil: :twisted:
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby rsk1963 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:28 pm

you know, like fannie mae/freddie mac

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:32 pm

Ok, ya'll lying pieces of crap. Had me all brainwashed and I have to hear it from the news that gold is bad and the US Dollar is good.

Now I feel like a realcent ZOMBIE
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Delawhere Jack » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:47 pm

You beat me to it posting this AG. I had to watch it twice I was so in disbelief over what she said.
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby SoFa » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:14 pm

I never thought of that, but it's kind of true. Gold isn't really backed by anything.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby Neckro » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:17 pm

SoFa wrote:I never thought of that, but it's kind of true. Gold isn't really backed by anything.

Industrial uses can be a backing to its worth.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:05 pm

What happens if my gold atoms default?
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:28 pm

Oh no... you mean GOLD is not back by anything but GOLD! :o Was she talking about GLD instead? :roll:
Copper Catcher

Postby rsk1963 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:40 pm

Corsair wrote:What happens if my gold atoms default?
:lol:

rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:55 pm

Wasn't this called 'New-Speak' in Orwells "1984"? She almost looks like she's dancing.
Interesting how she doesn't mention the CME upping margin requirements or that gold has has a better return than the S&P over the last 10 years. And it's Canadian news too. Fellow realcenters from Canada, please teach your newscasters that they live in one of the richest resource countries in the world and I would rather have money backed by those resources than by "...the U.S. government."
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby creshka46 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:07 pm

Oh wow what a relief. I think I'm going to trade in my silver tomorrow and go on a vacation. All that preparing was stressing me out! But if she says the US government will be around forever then I can rest easy at night. Now I can get back to watching Dancing w/ the Stars.....

Life is good :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

....maybe I'll vote for Obama next year, He seems to want to make my life even better with all that money he wants to give me.
Pennies: $4200 - (0) indians - (5)steel - (1) George V Canadian
Nickels: $6500 - (62)war - (23)buf - (1)V nic - (4) key date jeff's
Dimes: $5000 - (24)roos - (2)merc - (2)AgCAN
Halves: $8000 - (7)'64 - (33)40% - (1)walker
creshka46
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Well, my gold is backed by something.... The back wall of my safe!!!! Bahahahahaha..
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Hawkeye » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:31 pm

Darn it! I only wish I had got into these dollars a long time ago on the ground floor. You know, before they lost 96% of their purchasing power. I never cease to be amazed at the level of stupidity around us.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:50 pm

Now this is good humor!!! :lol:

rsk1963 wrote:
Corsair wrote:What happens if my gold atoms default?
:lol:

This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Pennybug » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:57 pm

Yeah... my Au is backed up by my AR. :twisted:
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Postby RichardPenny43 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:04 pm

Last edited by RichardPenny43 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby barrytrot » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:41 am

Wow, I had not chosen to read/listen to this thread until now. My jaw is still dropped after watching that video.

We should rejoice that AVERAGE people think like this. There is a lot of wealth to be made for people that think clearly.
barrytrot

Postby NHsorter » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:05 am

Just reading this threads Topic, it make me think right away, "Man, this could end up being one of those monster threads"
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:47 am

AGCoinHunter wrote:Just watch and listen. She will teach you something. This is a real gem. As if we need any more evidence.

LOL, the dollar is backed by something gold isnt....the US.

believably unbelievable. its like we're all perched on this ridge, and some distance below we can see a railroad track, stretching for 20 miles in either direction, from the west, we can see a passenger train, far off, and in the east, in the distance, we can see a 100 car coal train just blasting towards the west, and we're just shouting in the wind, "STOP!! STOP!!!!...but nobody can hear.
there's going to be a lot of hurting in this land, folks lining up at banks, hungry people, homeless, desperate. But i dont know, maybe this generation has to go thru the crucible of fire, to steel us, once again as a nation. i dont know, but it sure is sad.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:56 am

barrytrot wrote:Wow, I had not chosen to read/listen to this thread until now. My jaw is still dropped after watching that video.

We should rejoice that AVERAGE people think like this. There is a lot of wealth to be made for people that think clearly.

i hear ya Barry, but i sure hate to see my fellow Americans suffer. i myself am powerless to take care of them, the reason i stack is to take care of family. i'm not anti-wealth, but i know and have known a lot of wealthy people, and that lust just consumes them. Its like in "Lord of the Rings", where the One Ring, consumes Gollum, almost gets Bilbo, and definitely puts Frodo thru some hell.

you got me thinking about what "wealth" really means, which is good, thank you bro.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals