the demand is there.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

the demand is there.

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:25 pm

very where i look, you find a solid market in physical silver. Everywhere. i think i have to get used to the idea of the premium being widened, from the board, comex. in futures, to explain, we call that the BASIS...for instance lets say December corn is trading at 7.65, ON THE BOARD. The Corn market doesnt bear the baggage comex silver does, the hint of any jimmyrigging a market, doesnt factor in to the Corn market, the BOARD IS the arbiter of where Des Moine physical corn trades, the price, asnd its quoted as (just for instance) "Dec +10". which means 7.75. We say basis because, this spread sometimes trades premium and sometimes discount. In the event of huge harvest, with medium demand, Des Moines corn could be Dec-10, 7.55.

Point being, in any commodity this basis can get stretched, and it obvious the "Des Moine" of the silver, the premium, which is a basis , is being stretched. Some places you're at Dec Comex +4. and let me give a shorthand how to refer to physical silver over the comex board, the synbol for december is "Z", so the quote qould be Z+4, and what seeing is Z+7 to even 10, if you factor in where 90's are trading. guys are buying, thats evident. i just got to get used to higher premium. People arent drinking the kool aid, that the FRN is okay, stocl market, while volatile is okay. Its a lie, and the physical market is showing me that. i thought maybe i could get 600 USD ASES. i dont thats doable, We could have Greek default set off a down draft, and i MIGHT be able to $600 ASES, or i might have to pay Dec +15, that what it looks like when the physical decouples for the "board"
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: the demand is there.

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:42 pm

neilgin1 wrote:while volatile is okay. Its a lie, and the physical market is showing me that. i thought maybe i could get 600 USD ASES. i dont thats doable, We could have Greek default set off a down draft, and i MIGHT be able to $600 ASES, or i might have to pay Dec +15, that what it looks like when the physical decouples for the "board"

I agree with the sentiment that this is the bottom until Greece publicly defaults or some black swan comes a honking. Definitely lots of demand,I could sell a lot of my stash at this price to friends right now who were kicking themselves for not buying in before the last run up. I think I'll hold though thank you very much.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:04 pm

paid Dec +10 for American .999's, its a new world, or i just paid up for the stack. either way , it all good.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:14 pm

neilgin1, didn't you say 1 day ago that we were going to $15 to $25? Why not wait if that's the case? And if you are worried about premiums, Tulving and several others have not altered their premium at all (yet).
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby theo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:46 pm

barrytrot wrote:neilgin1, didn't you say 1 day ago that we were going to $15 to $25? Why not wait if that's the case? And if you are worried about premiums, Tulving and several others have not altered their premium at all (yet).

The physical and paper market are two different things. Even if Neil's initial prediction was correct, I doubt it would push physical prices that much lower. As we all know, the long term conditions have not changed. I saw an an article earlier today claiming that premiums were rising by the hour.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:50 pm

barrytrot wrote:neilgin1, didn't you say 1 day ago that we were going to $15 to $25? Why not wait if that's the case? And if you are worried about premiums, Tulving and several others have not altered their premium at all (yet).

Barry, though i deal in physical now, the trading world i come from, i can turn in 4 tenths of a second, from thinking we're headed to 25, to SEEING that might not be the case, and acting on that. i like ebay the best, and only about four dealers, and i have to bid against a lot of third tier new buyers just waking up...i'm not comfortable with tulving, gainesville, for reasons all my own. that extra 60 bucks, or a hundred? whats that? a tank or two of gas, a night out with swank dame? big deal.

4 tenths of a second, its not about making the "right call", or being "wrong", its about trading. i saw unremmiting demand, and i bought..if it goes down...i'll buy again, but i come to realize that demand is intense, and premiums are only going to rise.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby justj2k78 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:57 pm

neilgin1 wrote:

Barry, though i deal in physical now, the trading world i come from, i can turn in 4 tenths of a second, from thinking we're headed to 25, to SEEING that might not be the case, and acting on that. i like ebay the best, and only about four dealers, and i have to bid against a lot of third tier new buyers just waking up...i'm not comfortable with tulving, gainesville, for reasons all my own. that extra 60 bucks, or a hundred? whats that? a tank or two of gas, a night out with swank dame? big deal.

4 tenths of a second, its not about making the "right call", or being "wrong", its about trading. i saw unremmiting demand, and i bought..if it goes down...i'll buy again, but i come to realize that demand is intense, and premiums are only going to rise.

Anything over 2/5 is too slow! :lol:
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:13 pm

Tulving has minimum purchase orders that aren't affordable to us little dogs, Barry. Woof, woof!
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby barrytrot » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:28 am

neilgin1 wrote:

Ah, great point.

I loved this, "I can turn in 4 tenths of a second" :) I may use that line unless you say I cannot.
barrytrot

Postby barrytrot » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:29 am

beauanderos wrote:

Tulving has minimum purchase orders that aren't affordable to us little dogs, Barry. Woof, woof!

Beanuaneros, I'm sure you are referring to *other little dogs* as you are the King when it comes to silver :)
barrytrot

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:17 am

justj2k78 wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:

Anything over 2/5 is too slow! :lol:

yeh...i know...i'm sitting here, pre-dawn, watching Europe crater....i KNOW i paid up, and i might have been hyperventilating about the 4 tenths thing, but here's what i was watching, when i got BUY urge, http://www.zerohedge.com/news/meltdown- ... shed-world ....Al jazeera! you believe that?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:33 am

barrytrot wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:

Ah, great point.

I loved this, "I can turn in 4 tenths of a second" :) I may use that line unless you say I cannot.

my dear Barry, ANYTHING i write here is non copyright, and i would be honored if you use that line. It just came to me, Rays right, to me, a roll of ASES is a big monthly deal. i saw one of my bro's here "might" have bot 10 rolls, 2.79 over spot. Thats the kind of buy i can only dream of, 90% of discretionary funds i have, goes to stacking, and the funny thing is this, last night, the kid i'm bidding against, has 39 stars.....while the last expeierenced hand, who had 1100 stars, bowed out at 770, so i got hung at 835 if you can believe that...i'm not whining though, glad to have another roll of .999. fondly, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:50 am

the one smart thing i did, this summer, i think when we went from 33 to 44, was buy roll after roll of Kennedy 40's, below or at melt, becoz guys were neglecting them in favor of ASES and 90's, i was able to pick up 50 toz that way, for a coin i think would make a really good fractional trading coin at .15 toz, even the cric's arent worn or filthy. and i think the guys i was buying them from were pissed, coz i was paying 95 to 115 a roll, even got a bunch of 1970 Kenn's, uncirc's and SMS's for melt...and those with a mint count of 4 mill, are pretty rare, and bot $200 face of 40% silver Ikes, until i realized they ALSO minted as clad proofs in 73 and 74. That freaked me out. i only really realized this, coz i weigh every 40% Ike, and i weigh this one mirror proof IKE that, and its reads "22.5" gm's, did some looking and then realized what was happening. i think it was Nixon's final FU to Ike, lol. but i'm certain of this, we're still ultimately headed to 130-160 a toz, timeframe unknown, but not uncertain.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:06 am

neilgin1 wrote:the one smart thing i did, this summer, i think when we went from 33 to 44, was buy roll after roll of Kennedy 40's, below or at melt, becoz guys were neglecting them in favor of ASES and 90's, i was able to pick up 50 toz that way, for a coin i think would make a really good fractional trading coin at .15 toz, even the cric's arent worn or filthy. and i think the guys i was buying them from were pissed, coz i was paying 95 to 115 a roll, even got a bunch of 1970 Kenn's, uncirc's and SMS's for melt...and those with a mint count of 4 mill, are pretty rare, and bot $200 face of 40% silver Ikes, until i realized they ALSO minted as clad proofs in 73 and 74. That freaked me out. i only really realized this, coz i weigh every 40% Ike, and i weigh this one mirror proof IKE that, and its reads "22.5" gm's, did some looking and then realized what was happening. i think it was Nixon's final FU to Ike, lol. but i'm certain of this, we're still ultimately headed to 130-160 a toz, timeframe unknown, but not uncertain.

Gotta be careful about those IKEs.

Awhile back, I was stackin' 40%ers when no one wanted them; buying them here and elsewhere as well as finding 100's of them in the wild. Folks thought they were tainted SILVER, and only wanted rounds, ASEs, or 90%. Like foreign SILVER coins, they were available and at a deep discount to spot. Why pay up is what I thought. Still got them all. :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:39 am

Country wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:the one smart thing i did, this summer, i think when we went from 33 to 44, was buy roll after roll of Kennedy 40's, below or at melt, becoz guys were neglecting them in favor of ASES and 90's, i was able to pick up 50 toz that way, for a coin i think would make a really good fractional trading coin at .15 toz, even the cric's arent worn or filthy. and i think the guys i was buying them from were pissed, coz i was paying 95 to 115 a roll, even got a bunch of 1970 Kenn's, uncirc's and SMS's for melt...and those with a mint count of 4 mill, are pretty rare, and bot $200 face of 40% silver Ikes, until i realized they ALSO minted as clad proofs in 73 and 74. That freaked me out. i only really realized this, coz i weigh every 40% Ike, and i weigh this one mirror proof IKE that, and its reads "22.5" gm's, did some looking and then realized what was happening. i think it was Nixon's final FU to Ike, lol. but i'm certain of this, we're still ultimately headed to 130-160 a toz, timeframe unknown, but not uncertain.

Gotta be careful about those IKEs.

Awhile back, I was stackin' 40%ers when no one wanted them; buying them here and elsewhere as well as finding 100's of them in the wild. Folks thought they were tainted SILVER, and only wanted rounds, ASEs, or 90%. Like foreign SILVER coins, they were available and at a deep discount to spot. Why pay up is what I thought. Still got them all. :mrgreen:

thats why i stopped buying them at 200FV, coz i thought they'd be hard to trade, without a digi scale...but Ike was one of my favorite guys, so......there ya go.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals