they cant do it

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

they cant do it

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:14 pm

its the 4th of Oct 2011, 1300 hours, gold getting hammered down 55, but from the way the ticker's moving, there's not a whole lot of steam behind the selling of sliver at the 29.50 area...its doesnt seem that way. the day is still young, but ......

far as my "haunt" Ebay, i'm telling you all, rolls of 90's and ASE's are defintely getting sparse...oh, there's some there, but a LOT of the "roll" offerings are being listed by the "possible silver" bottom feeder crowd, and a LOT of "buy it now" fishermen dangling bait at crazy offers, and i underline "crazy". this macro period here. everything, stocks, futures, metals, both physical and futures, it seems like we're in a weird period of waiting.....like seeing a line of ugly thunderheads on the north horizon, far away, but getting closer.

its 1308 now, and i get the feeling ardent bears are throwing the kitchen sink at the board.....they're not wrong, if Europe does a nutty, and trades bad, we could get a 2009 repeat, trouble is the premium will just widen out, ie futures will be at 22, and you'll still be paying 30, 8 over the board. my 16 year old read me the riot act for paying up......i told him 'chill', lemme explain the "basis' to you, the spread between the board and physicals, and that can be a discount or a premium, and in silver, its a premium. Told him also, in a bull market, you dont think, you just buy, hit offers, load up. we're going to have another bull session on markets, i aint raising some kind of soft boy sissy, kid's a wolverine.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: they cant do it

Postby 0000PaleHorse0000 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:33 pm

I wish my dad would've taught me what your teaching your boy.

Thanks for the info.
"I looked, and there was a pale horse! Its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him."
0000PaleHorse0000

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:58 pm

30 dollars even, they threw the kitchen at her, and silver held.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:09 pm

0000PaleHorse0000 wrote:I wish my dad would've taught me what your teaching your boy.

Thanks for the info.

sir, thank you for saying that, they're filling these kid's heads up with muck, and i got to counteract this foul messaging. we have a freewheeling interchange and discourse, meaning he dont get sanctioned for speaking his mind, says i'm a bit paranoid, and i told him, "boy, one day, maybe after i'm gone, it's going to hit ya, that i wasnt". "Submit to authority, say 'yessir', but never trust authority, at their hearts, they are the wicked".

and buddy, they couldnt push it down...today.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:49 pm

I agree this is a good time to get into silver. It's at a point were the bottom is close and the top is far, so it's great for anyone - traders/investors/flippers/whatever.

I bought a bit more "fake silver" today and I feel 100% confident it will give me a return on investment.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:09 pm

I'm loaded down with double paper silver ETF as well.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby schockergd » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:17 pm

I've been selling a little bit on ebay, the margins right now are pretty decent.
schockergd
Penny Pincher Member

Postby barrytrot » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:18 pm

My fake silver is all SIVR. I like it because the value equals the real spot price. So I "trust" it a lot more than the other ETF's. The other ones don't seem to make sense price wise.

Why isn't ACQ equal to spot times 2?

ETF's are the MOST FAKE of all investments when you boil them down, so at least SIVR has a semblance of reality and I need that to be able to maintain my safe and consistent system.
Last edited by barrytrot on Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby SoFa » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:20 pm

What a crazy day.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby tractorman » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:54 pm

There was a sharp dip, but silver really seems to like to stay afloat of $30/oz. And try to find physical silver for that. Its an accomplishment if you can.
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:01 am

Dagnabbit!! silver just dropped over a buck an ounce AFTER I pulled the trigger. kinda looks like it might continue to head that way to. and here I was thinking I was so crafty for waiting a few days and locking it in for a buck less then when I decided to make this buy. Another few hours and it would of been over 2 bucks less!!! Oh well.... I did kinda think we still might see more of a fall (not that Im basing it on much) but atleast my waiting saved me a buck an ounce I guess. My current luck it will probably bottom out at 22 or something.... :x :lol:
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby rexmerdinus » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:10 am

yeah, I've been watching it. Almost pulled the trigger on 30 iggles at Kitco, then waited, then had to add one to meet their minimum of $1k, then waited some more, now it's creeping back up a little. Guess nobody can really time the bottom, and it's better to pick your entry price and stick with it, and if you get it for slightly less due to movement, then Bonus. Time to grab some coffee and keep watching!
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals