What did YOU score during the dip?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: What did YOU score during the dip?

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:55 pm

4 more ASEs this afternoon at $35 from my coin store that isn't open on the weekend.

and got this email from Texas Precious Metals...

Dear TexMetals Customers,

We are writing to inform you that due to tremendous backlog at Brinks Salt Lake City (where we store a portion of our inventory) your package will likely ship on Monday. We pride ourselves on shipping quickly, as we only sell bullion that we possess in our own inventory. However, it appears that we will miss our normal 24-48 hour shipping window. You are receiving this message because your package is shipping from Brinks in Salt Lake City.

Thank you for your patience and for your business!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby SoFa » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:43 pm

A bunch of old foreign 0.925 silver coins and some war nickels.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby cuag » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:30 pm

Got a couple more ASEs @ $34.60 from a local LCS today, there was only 2 other customers there, when it is usually over a dozen with a wait, people are scared to sell or buy. One of the other customers was buying a 10oz bar. They had plenty of ASEs, no common silver dollars, plenty of 90% for the $22.50 range, but I wanted to pick out what I was getting and that wasn't in their business model.
cuag

Postby Know Common Cents » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:41 pm

Two rolls of 25 each 2009 Canadian Silver Maples for $31.46 per coin (cash). Quite a difference from just a few weeks ago. Still not sure whether that's good or bad at this point. We'll see where the next couple of weeks takes us.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:59 pm

so far 30 toz, a roll of ASE's, a roll of uncirc Kenn 40's and a roll i stumbled on at 0215, when i woke up, it was an OBW 64 Kennedy's uncirc, and the poor seller had his or get auction ending in a little over an hour, which is unheard and it's bid was 25X....an OBW, so i amended the bid 27X's plus and bot it at 27X's.....as i said i only trade on Ebay, where i'm at, there's two coin "dealers" about 30 miles away, i didnt get warm and cozies, furthermore in a rural area like this, its not wise to be banging on the few "dealers" (and i use that term LOOSELY) for rolls...its an opsec, everybody talks......"yeh, and this fella took all the Eagles i had and two rolls of junk silver!"....."no?!"......."yah...said to call him if i get more"..."where's he's from?"........"yeh, he's in XXXXX". ......."you dont say...musbe rich or something"........"i dunno, here's his address"............

THAT is not to going to happen...like i said, "flee the city, but dont buy in the country".
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Hades12 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Got a call today from gainsville coin, confirming my address for what I ordered on the 24th, said it should ship friday.
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Postby justj2k78 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:58 pm

Hades12 wrote:Got a call today from gainsville coin, confirming my address for what I ordered on the 24th, said it should ship friday.

I ordered at a similar time, and got a call today as well. Must be they got their silver in!
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby hejira11 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:20 pm

I am still waiting on the dust to settle, as we are still in the dip IMHO but It appears I have aquired an ATB 5oz Vicksburg, 2 half ounce maples, a 2oz Kookaburra, 4 ASE's, 2 peace dollars and 80 war nickles.

I am selling everything not nailed down for some dry ammo in case of a further takedown or the eventual upswing.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby Hades12 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:25 pm

I am going to check with my cheap guy and see if he has anything. But money is getting light.
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals