question on a slabed coin

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

question on a slabed coin

Postby kagarise » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:33 am

so i went and bought a 1/10th plat eagle for spot today its in a slab this is the first slabed coin i've ever bought

it says

2007 ICG - MS70
Platinum American Eagle
First Day of Issue
ICG Ceritfied #158 of 297

i was wondering if when i go to sell it this would adding any value to it
kagarise
Penny Sorter Member

Re: question on a slabed coin

Postby Neckro » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:38 am

ICG not so much, and for bullion... It rarely does.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby kagarise » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:43 am

thats what i figured but it was one of those since it wasnt any extra cost i was like sure why not
kagarise
Penny Sorter Member

Postby NHsorter » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:48 am

Dang, where did you get a Plat Eagle for spot? I want some!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby dan53 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:00 pm

It used to be there were four grading companies sometimes called the big four........NGC, PCGS, ANACS, and ICG. Currently, NGC and PCGS enjoy the top spot, followed by ANACS and ICG. I have a coin just like yours except mine is a year 2000 ICG 1/10th ounce plat. With coins there are two different forms of value.....numismatic and bullion. For a coin to have numismatic value it needs to be somewhat rare and have a decent grade. The rarer the better and the better grade the better. For your coin (and mine) there is no numismatic value because they are churning out bunches of these eagles every year. Both our coins are bullion coins. Nothing wrong with that. They have bullion value according to the daily bullion price.
dan53
Penny Pincher Member

Postby kagarise » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:15 pm

NHsorter wrote:Dang, where did you get a Plat Eagle for spot? I want some!

haha from my LCS by work
he always gives me a good price
haha one of the benefits of being in there like 3-5 times a week
kagarise
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals