Gainsville shipping delays?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Gainsville shipping delays?

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:17 pm

I bought 200 ASE's on 9/23 (with a credit card). They said there was a 10 day wait before shipping... well, 10 days have come and gone and I still have not received a shipping notice. This is the first time I've bought from them. Is this typical for Gainsville? I ususally buy from Apmex and they ship within 3 days when purchased with credit card. I guess I'm spoiled, but I do not think I'll be buying from Gainsville again.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: Gainsville shipping delays?

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:29 pm

I usually like Gainsville, but the last time I bought from them I bought a 1/10 oz perth mint 2012 gold dragon from them and the case was broken and there is a scratch on the queens face! I e-mailed them and still have not gotten even a courtesy response.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Hades12 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:29 pm

I ordered on the 23rd also, got a call yesterday to confirm my address and was told they were very backed up and everyone was working long hours trying to catch up. My order was to ship tomorrow.
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Postby justj2k78 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:38 pm

I placed my order with them somewhere around when Hades did, and they called yesterday as well. They're keeping in touch with me, I see that as a good sign.
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:45 pm

I ordered on 24th. Their site does have status, and shows an estimated ship date of 10/10 (Monday). Correlates with Hades12, as I was a day later, and they are reporting my shipping a business day later as well. They've not attempted to either call or email me, past the initial order confirmation.

2-1/2 weeks is extreme, but this is an extreme market, and frankly you can't expect too much else. HOWEVER, what I especially liked about Texas Precious Metals is that they only sell what they have (so they say), and my TPM order (placed on the 25th, and which was cheaper) is already at the PO waiting for me to pickup. Arrived yesterday, registered. TPM definitely got my attention as a future place to work with.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Mossy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Border Gold. 6 weeks. Never again.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:45 pm

It's not waiting for the ASE's that bother me, it's that Gainsville should have been upfront with me about the availability before I ordered/paid for the ASE's. I did not get the 'delay of shipment' notice until *after* I made my purchase. They were pretending to have the ASE's in stock so they could reel in as many orders as possible. To me, this is deceptive and unacceptable. I know the market is extreme, but there is no reason to lie to customers. It will be Apmex and my local coin store from this day forth.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby stash » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:11 pm

Ordered 2 Cougars on the 23rd and my status still says processed with no shipping info other than excepted ship date is 10/4. I will be giving them a call tomorrow.
stash

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:22 pm

68Camaro wrote:I ordered on 24th. Their site does have status, and shows an estimated ship date of 10/10 (Monday). Correlates with Hades12, as I was a day later, and they are reporting my shipping a business day later as well. They've not attempted to either call or email me, past the initial order confirmation.

2-1/2 weeks is extreme, but this is an extreme market, and frankly you can't expect too much else. HOWEVER, what I especially liked about Texas Precious Metals is that they only sell what they have (so they say), and my TPM order (placed on the 25th, and which was cheaper) is already at the PO waiting for me to pickup. Arrived yesterday, registered. TPM definitely got my attention as a future place to work with.

Thanks for that feedback on Texas Precious Metals. I have talked with the manager there a couple of times. He is very friendly, helpful, courteous and is recommending we purchase Maples. Good logic. I think I need to make a trip.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby mishra142 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:30 am

I placed an order yesterday with gainsville. They said expect 15 days til it ships..
old feedback link:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10854
mishra142
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby moneydog » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:09 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:I bought 200 ASE's on 9/23 (with a credit card). They said there was a 10 day wait before shipping... well, 10 days have come and gone and I still have not received a shipping notice. This is the first time I've bought from them. Is this typical for Gainsville? I ususally buy from Apmex and they ship within 3 days when purchased with credit card. I guess I'm spoiled, but I do not think I'll be buying from Gainsville again.

I get from them all the time they have low premiums there are very careful with your info the wont process till they verify it was really you that ordered always got my stuff though
moneydog
Penny Pincher Member

Postby justj2k78 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:57 pm

justj2k78 wrote:I placed my order with them somewhere around when Hades did, and they called yesterday as well. They're keeping in touch with me, I see that as a good sign.

And I received an email today indicating they've shipped. While I haven't seen the product, they communicated with me twice now, and that will get my business again. I don't care if it took 2 weeks to ship - they acted like my 5 oz mattered to them. I'll be back.
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Mine is supposedly at UPS ground station waiting for me to pickup tonight...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:31 pm

68Camaro wrote:Mine is supposedly at UPS ground station waiting for me to pickup tonight...

i was praying for you, serious....your prior posts had me worried.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:15 pm

Update: My shipment is due to be delivered tomorrow.

It sucks having to wait here all day to sign for the delivery, but it's so nice once I get that heavy box in my hand... so square, so firm, so fully packed. :)
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:14 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
68Camaro wrote:Mine is supposedly at UPS ground station waiting for me to pickup tonight...

i was praying for you, serious....your prior posts had me worried.

Thanks bro, but I had no concerns about not getting it eventually. They are a reputable outfit, even if they did accept orders on stock they didn't have. (That's not unusual, but would be nice if they would tell you up front.) Picked it up tonight - Gainesville responded to a e-note from me not being able to be present for delivery by calling me today and then arranging to have UPS redirect delivery to will-call counter pickup after the truck returned tonight. And so they did, and I did.

Nice thing about Gainesville is these are mint US Mint rolls, still have the original tape on them. The ones from Texas were in the rolls but had been opened, probably searched for MS70 coins. Not that that bothers me either, for what I want, but I would prefer unopened rolls.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:16 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Update: My shipment is due to be delivered tomorrow.

It sucks having to wait here all day to sign for the delivery, but it's so nice once I get that heavy box in my hand... so square, so firm, so fully packed. :)

See above, if your UPS location is near you, they can arrange for you to pick up at the counter in the evening, and they can do it on-the-fly (usually). Not for everyone, but works great for me.
68Camaro

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:27 pm

68Camaro wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Update: My shipment is due to be delivered tomorrow.

See above, if your UPS location is near you, they can arrange for you to pick up at the counter in the evening, and they can do it on-the-fly (usually). Not for everyone, but works great for me.

I read that. The UPS location is too far away for me. Much better to let the UPS truck driver fight the rush hour traffic.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby jmoney » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:14 pm

Gainsville notoriously takes a while. They do disclose 7-10 day processing times on most of their products. I've heard from my local dealer its because they don't have the physical product. Sounds like a ponzi:)

Anyone notice their shipping label is from Joe's Supply/Garage?
jmoney

Postby franklin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:59 pm

I followed up a small purchase 2 1/2 weeks ago with Goldmart with some emails to determine status. Supposedly the items were in stock when purchase was made. 2 attempts at correspondence went unanswered last week. Acct. shows 'Processing'.
Phone call today yielded a guy who complained for 10 minutes that his internet wasn't working, put on hold 8 times, and then finally, "Yeah, your item shipped 2 days ago".
"Why doesn't my acct. indicate that?"
"I dunno, maybe the internet has been out here."
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:49 pm

Ordered on 9/23, paid with a CC and finally received the goodies today. Even though I was not affected by it, the BS about their site being "down for maintenance" also ticked me off... never again.

I'll support my local coin store instead. He has the best deals on silver dollars I've ever seen. Only 1-2 bucks above spot for Morgan's and Peace dollars in VF-AU condition. Gonna stop by there again tomorrow.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby franklin » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:46 am

Received my Goldmart halves yesterday. Initially advertised as AU - Mint, website now says AU-Good. Mine were so filthy that they weighed nearly a full ounce more than they should have. Just FYI.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby Hades12 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:40 pm

Got an email today that mine are shipping.
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:47 pm

Hades12 wrote:Got an email today that mine are shipping.

Wow - Gainesville? What happened? You ordered the day before me, I thought, and I got mine on Tuesday.
68Camaro

Postby Hades12 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:47 am

No clue. Last Wed they said it should ship on friday, They did not say a week from friday. I ordered Just Halfs in a mix.

While I am happy I got in at the dip, I would have much reather have got in on the Group ASE buy and have gotten a roll there.
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals