Brad Meltzer's Decoded - Fort Knox

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Brad Meltzer's Decoded - Fort Knox

Postby cesariojpn » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:24 pm

http://www.history.com/shows/brad-meltz ... -fort-knox

The gold at Fort Knox is protected by some of the tightest security in the world, but what if there's nothing there to guard at all? Brad and his team investigate a rumor that some think could damage the American economy.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Brad Meltzer's Decoded - Fort Knox

Postby tractorman » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:57 pm

I watched that today. It made me want to buy some gold and silver. :D
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tractorman » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:12 pm

During the show, there was a commercial for a website called newamerica4.com that piqued my interest. I went there and found the presentation pretty interesting. Of course it ends up being the baited hook for his "investment firm," and if you contact him its all gonna be free! :lol: He just presents the case and the evidence that the dollar is destined to fail, but its very thorough. A pretty good synopsis in my opinion. If you do check it out, be forewarned, its long.
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:41 am

heres the other half of the show

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/much-deserved-blast-past

watch out.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:34 am

neilgin1 wrote:heres the other half of the show

watch out.

OMG!! Just when I was thinking I need to tone-down my rhetoric on Obama, this guy comes on!!! LMAO!! "F_ckin' WalMart!?" At one point I was laughing so hard, I had to back up the tape and listen to it again! :lol: Redneck Economic advise: max out your credit cards buying gold and then stiff'em on the bill!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby tn-dave » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:14 pm

watch out.

WOW :lol: "These lightbulbs were made in China..!! "
tn-dave
Penny Collector Member

Postby franklin » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:27 pm

generally I get kind of pissed whenever I open a thread and just see a link to a youtube video since I hate opening them. I don't know why I went to this one and probably won't do it again since I will be hurting all of tomorrow in my abs from laughing at this dude. Truer words were never spoken.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby NickelExpress » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:25 pm

I'm sure no one on this forum ever maxed out everything they could, bought gold and avoid payments\claimed bankruptcy right? :twisted:
NickelExpress
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:25 pm

NickelExpress wrote:I'm sure no one on this forum ever maxed out everything they could, bought gold and avoid payments\claimed bankruptcy right? :twisted:

Not yet, but... :twisted: :mrgreen: ;)
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:44 pm

cesariojpn wrote:http://www.history.com/shows/brad-meltzers-decoded/videos/playlists/season-2-full-episodes#brad-meltzers-decoded-fort-knox

The gold at Fort Knox is protected by some of the tightest security in the world, but what if there's nothing there to guard at all? Brad and his team investigate a rumor that some think could damage the American economy.

This is so easy... just make thousands of tungsten bars, then electro-plate them heavily with gold, then pack'em up in all those empty rooms in the basement of Fort Knox, then call the press! Easy as pie! Problem solved!

Who would ever know the difference in our lifetimes???
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby cesariojpn » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:36 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:
cesariojpn wrote:http://www.history.com/shows/brad-meltzers-decoded/videos/playlists/season-2-full-episodes#brad-meltzers-decoded-fort-knox

This is so easy... just make thousands of tungsten bars, then electro-plate them heavily with gold, then pack'em up in all those empty rooms in the basement of Fort Knox, then call the press! Easy as pie! Problem solved!

Who would ever know the difference in our lifetimes???

Seeing that I get [citation needed] almost as instantly as I accidentally hit the edit button on Wikipedia, people will demand metallurgical tests and whatnot.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:06 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:

watch out.

OMG!! Just when I was thinking I need to tone-down my rhetoric on Obama, this guy comes on!!! LMAO!! "F_ckin' WalMart!?" At one point I was laughing so hard, I had to back up the tape and listen to it again! :lol: Redneck Economic advise: max out your credit cards buying gold and then stiff'em on the bill!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

wasnt that something? and he wasnt acting or performing, this kid was just being REAL, telling how HE feels, and if he's a barometer, of the anger and resentment boiling underneath the surface, we are in for very interesting national ride. Keep your heads down brothers, i wanna just post another, after thinking about the fort knox show.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:29 am

Cesario, thank you SO much for posting that video. i been thinking about it for several days. Wheneever i see anything on media, that is got commercials with it, or is part of a cable network, i always ask myself, what is the messaging behind it?...and what is the underlying "truth"?...is it real or is it 'memorex'?

1. to me, the underlying meme or message is this, be very scared. We want to scare you. Not so much the doubt about whether Ft. Knox is an empty sham, but that the minute you go near the place, you get a very buffed out black SUV with a spooky array atop the roof on your tail in a minute.
2. the conclusion, implicitingly arrived at, thru 3rd and 4th hand sources, is Ft. Knox is empty and not even a Congressman, a good man, like Ron Paul can get any traction for an audit. which goes back to the 1st point, be very scared, because "they" are powerful, and "we" are not.

and what that reminds me of is a Will Smith movie, "Ene##y of the S###e"...(i'm not completing the title, coz its a keyword that attracts very powerful info vacumns at a certain intel agency. it was where Will's character is unwittingly caught up in some dark deep poo poo, that elements of the national security state have done, and he holds info that could expose them. and in the end, Will makes it thru, and the "bad guys go down". and people have told me, "Doesnt that show you , we're "free", that they make a movie that exposes such criminality within the ranks of the intel community?"...to which i say, "no, wrong, that is a WARNING from TPTB, if you mess with us, we WILL make your life hell, and only if you are lucky, you'll make it thru alive the various action movie explosions and mayhem, because we are powerful and YOU ARE NOT, so if you wanna mess with us, look what happens to this character"....you see, there's ways to shape people's behavior, and scare them, and do it so, by purporting to "tell the truth". Media is a powerful tool, and can be used for sleight of hand trickery. these days truth is like an endless onion, you start peeling back layers...and layers and layers...and you are now where NEAR the "truth"....but it was a good show, and i thank you bro...."just call X". (here, you guys will like this, trust me...you've probably seen it, buts it good stuff and more true than a man can bear......i would have LOVED to play Donald Sutherland's part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbUF8qE8zWA )
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby erblaz » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:22 pm

The interesting part of that video is thast it was original completed in 2009. With the meltdown thats coming how pissed off do you think he, and the thousands that feel like he does, will be?
erblaz

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:32 pm

erblaz wrote:The interesting part of that video is thast it was original completed in 2009. With the meltdown thats coming how pissed off do you think he, and the thousands that feel like he does, will be?

i think the whole thing resembles a nuclear meltdown, just getting hotter and hotter.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby cesariojpn » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:00 pm

Backup Youtube link when History rotates the episode online come Wed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXXMSduH6YE
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals