Found another Rosie in change today, 3rd in past month

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Found another Rosie in change today, 3rd in past month

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Weird - I typically go 1-2 years between seeing any silver (usually dimes) in change, typically, and suddenly in the past month, three Rosies!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Found another Rosie in change today, 3rd in past month

Postby NotABigDeal » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:23 pm

Good finds. Every one, or three count!

I get quite a bit of silver from the "wild" every year back in change as I do not use plastic. Cash only except for online purchases. This year I've actually saved all of it separately, so I'll know exactly I pulled come year end. This does not include the silver dimes I pull from my penny bags. Several this year and I even found one while sorting last night ('57).

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby Rastatodd » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:59 pm

I can not remember the last time I pulled cheap silver out of my pocket change. 68Camaro do you roll search?
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:00 pm

Rastatodd wrote:I can not remember the last time I pulled cheap silver out of my pocket change. 68Camaro do you roll search?

No - gave it one shot and realized the area was already covered heavily by silver sorters when my first box was all dumps. Most banks that I've engaged in conversation say they are already getting change orders from sorters.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Rastatodd » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:10 pm

I can imagine coins are getting some what picked over now, since the price of silver has jumped so. I go to the same Wells Fargo Bank to cash my paycheck, and I always give the tellers change tray a long hard glance. I keep hoping one day I'll see some silver reeding looking back at me. Here is to wishful thinking!
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby justj2k78 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Only been in the silver game since March, but I got my first "wild" find yesterday - a 64 roosie in my change!

ETA: That's not entirely true, when I first learned about silver, I had a silver roosie and a 1904 Canadian dime in my change jar. But this is the first that I've found since then.
Last edited by justj2k78 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rastatodd » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Seven and one half months justj2k78? Try three years and counting. But still a goose egg when it comes to the most inexpensive a stacker can acquire. Congrats on the 64 Roosie! :mrgreen:
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:10 pm

I swear I think the majority of these are coming from senior citizens change jars.

A few years ago when I lived in So Cal I frequented a local diner. 75% of the customers were seniors. I used to find a silver Washingtons and Roosies in my change at least once a month. Once time I received 0.45 cents change... 1 silver quarter and 2 silver dimes. I heard the 'ping' when the cashier dropped them into my hand. Great food and free silver... how much better can it get? I sure do miss that place!
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby RxForPain » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:48 pm

I feel your pain... A few weeks back I spy three silver halves sitting in the tellers tray and ask for any halves they have. She responds with we don't have any and I point to her tray. The reply is those are already taken! My first thought is to call the head teller then I relax. I ask if she is saving those for a particular customer and she says yes I am. My reply to her is I will pay more if she pulls them for me. She responds with more than double and ... you know the rest.

It does not hurt to ask if they are being saving for another customer. Always say you will pay more... It makes them think they are not making enough.
RxForPain
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NHsorter » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:28 am

68Camaro wrote:Weird - I typically go 1-2 years between seeing any silver (usually dimes) in change, typically, and suddenly in the past month, three Rosies!

This makes me think that a wad of silver dimes might have been dumped in your area and they are coming out at your local places of business as they are distributing coin from fed boxes. If it were me I would try a few dime boxes to see if you get any hits. I rarely do dimes, but this sort of thing would give me the urge to give it another go.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals