Best place to sell gold and/or silver online?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Best place to sell gold and/or silver online?

Postby GGerrands » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:23 pm

I have 14 k wedding band I found while swimming (sucker just popped on my pinky finger while I was grabbing some mud out of a creek to throw at someone), that I'd like to sell online. Anyone have a rec. for the site with the best rates (especially on a small quantity like that)?

I also have some Silver Eagles, some with water damage for a "rainbow" effect, that I'd like to sell. Any leads on good places online for either of these types of items would be much appreciated!
GGerrands
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Best place to sell gold and/or silver online?

Postby slickeast » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:31 pm

Sell it to us
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Corsair » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:37 pm

Post a little more around the board so you can use the PM system. Once you have access to that (10 posts), list it in our Buy It Now section. You'll get some bites, guaranteed.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Definitely post more and sell here. You will get better prices than almost anywhere else. I'd buy your ring. It sounds like it is really lucky. Does it have weird runes on it, or do you feel really weird and see a giant flaming eye when you put it on? Well maybe it is too precious for you and you will find you just can't bare to sell it anyway. ;)
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby tractorman » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:28 pm

blackrabbit wrote:Definitely post more and sell here. You will get better prices than almost anywhere else. I'd buy your ring. It sounds like it is really lucky. Does it have weird runes on it, or do you feel really weird and see a giant flaming eye when you put it on? Well maybe it is too precious for you and you will find you just can't bare to sell it anyway. ;)

Ha ha! The problem is melting it ... imagine what you must go through!
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Corsair » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:17 pm

tractorman wrote:
blackrabbit wrote:Definitely post more and sell here. You will get better prices than almost anywhere else. I'd buy your ring. It sounds like it is really lucky. Does it have weird runes on it, or do you feel really weird and see a giant flaming eye when you put it on? Well maybe it is too precious for you and you will find you just can't bare to sell it anyway. ;)

Ha ha! The problem is melting it ... imagine what you must go through!

One cannot simply walk into a smelter.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby GGerrands » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Haha I was wondering when the Gollum reference would make itself felt! Unfortunately I cannot find "my precious", but I did lay hands on 6 American Eagle Silver dollars I'm looking to sell. I'll make a few more posts, check out what they're going for on fEEbay, and put up a buy it now link within a couple days.
GGerrands
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals