what could be a modern gold rush to the SE United States

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

what could be a modern gold rush to the SE United States

Postby tn-dave » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:30 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/1 ... _ref=false

First few paragraphs below -- More at the link above -- "company estimates it has 3.1 million ounces of gold at Haile" WOW :shock:

CHARLESTON, South Carolina - (Harriet McLeod) - A Canadian mining company and a tiny South Carolina town are leading what could be a modern gold rush to the southeastern United States.

Romarco Minerals Inc. reopened the historic Haile Gold Mine near Kershaw, S.C., this year and expects to pour its first gold bar there in early 2014, Chief Executive Diane Garrett told Reuters this week.

Once environmental impact studies and permits are complete, Haile will be the only modern gold mine east of the Mississippi River, Garrett said, and the first since the Kennecott Minerals mine closed in Ridgeway, S.C., in 1999.

Based on the proven gold reserves found in samples, the Toronto company estimates it has 3.1 million ounces of gold at Haile. The mine will produce an average of 150,000 ounces of gold a year for five years, according to its website.

"It sits on one of the most significant trends of gold in the United States," Garrett said. "A lot of people had forgotten just how significant the gold production was in this area."

Romarco's success at finding the gold left at Haile has sparked renewed industry interest in the southeastern United States.

tn-dave
Penny Collector Member

Re: what could be a modern gold rush to the SE United States

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:55 am

Realcent group buy? :D Let's just get the property next door and drill diagonally.

Have you ever noticed that the word "property" is written with only letters on the top row of letters on the keyboard? That's how important it is.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:13 am

This mine is 20 miles or less from me. They have been buying up land around the mine. I have a friend that is in throwing distance of the mine with 10 acres. She said that they have not made an offer on her land (yet). I hope it does well and brings jobs and businesses to the area. A guy I worked with got a job there making decent money. He is working in the lab.

The only thing Kershaw had going for them was the cotten mill. It closed years ago and went overseas. The people there need jobs. This its just what the town needs.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Oakair » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:28 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Realcent group buy? :D Let's just get the property next door and drill diagonally.

Have you ever noticed that the word "property" is written with only letters on the top row of letters on the keyboard? That's how important it is.

you, yew, quote, pout, tout, wept, query, tier, pique, rye, quit(e), true, trope, rue, wetter, quitter, pitter, potter, quip...

That was fun...I left a lot of simple ones out, but theres a lot left...'property' is as important as any of those other words haha...

Im pretty sure its based on frequency of use...meaning property just has common letters (assuming that its even arranged by row, which wouldn't seem to be the case when typing the rest of this comment...but I would hardly call my knowledge of computers anything but basic and functional...)
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cesariojpn » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:37 pm

Oakair wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:Realcent group buy? :D Let's just get the property next door and drill diagonally.

you, yew, quote, pout, tout, wept, query, tier, pique, rye, quit(e), true, trope, rue, wetter, quitter, pitter, potter, quip...

QWERTY. Missed that one.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:41 pm

QWERTY: How did you figure out my password!!??

Good to hear slick.......hope some money flows into the folks pockets in your area.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals