Found silver sorting copper

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Found silver sorting copper

Postby alpacafarmer » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:59 am

Last night while sorting a bag of cents from the bank I thought I saw another dime :) Fished it out and it was a 1944 10 centavos :D :D
alpacafarmer
Penny Collector Member

Re: Found silver sorting copper

Postby HD-Daddy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:10 am

Sweet! I have yet to say "found silver while sorting copper". Saturday I was late, to a get together, cause I found a copper vein and had to finish mining it. I had 37 Zincs out of a $50 bag.
HD-Daddy
Penny Collector Member

Postby HD-Daddy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Of course not a wheatie to be found though.
HD-Daddy
Penny Collector Member

Postby dan53 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:53 am

Recentl, I was sorting halves and found a british half crown. Sold it at auction last night for $15.00
dan53
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:12 pm

alpacafarmer wrote:Last night while sorting a bag of cents from the bank I thought I saw another dime :) Fished it out and it was a 1944 10 centavos :D :D

Welcome the the club! Small number of us in the club. Gotta love those bags. I've hit silver several times, foreign and domestic. I even found a little gold before. Tiny 14k necklace that the Ryedale did a great job at grinding up, hehe.

Everybody keep up the searches and you never know....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby avidbrandy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:47 pm

Nice. found a 64' dime a few months ago in my pennies. That's the only silver I've gotten from it so far. Was in a standard plastic-wrapped roll in a $25 box from BoA.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals