Littleton Coin Offer

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Littleton Coin Offer

Postby needler420 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:40 pm

What did they mail it in? usps or ups? Does it come with the George Washington box in capsule ?
needler420
Penny Sorter Member

Postby cesariojpn » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:41 pm

needler420 wrote:What did they mail it in? usps or ups? Does it come with the George Washington box in capsule ?

Padded plain envelope.......USPS.........No box.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby morris14ccm » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:34 pm

needler420 wrote:What did they mail it in? usps or ups? Does it come with the George Washington box in capsule ?

Yes it came in a capsule. Just got mine on Friday and my 3 Halfs for $25 came today. Great deal, but they over-grade their coins way too much.
morris14ccm
Penny Sorter Member

Postby kidman232 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:06 am

my card just got chargerd today and i ordered on october 7th. so hopefully it will be here in a few days
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Postby needler420 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:35 pm

We're getting short changed on these coins. These coins came from the mint in two different types in two different color boxes. Proofs came in a red box and uncirculated came in blue boxes from the US mint. The coin is in the capsule in these boxes they have a design of George Washington on them. I think they took them out the box to save shipping costs.

As far as I know every proof from the mint had a box so its probably going to take away some of its numismatic value. I'm very saddened to hear we get no box. At least its a silver proof under spot price though.
Last edited by needler420 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
needler420
Penny Sorter Member

Postby morris14ccm » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:23 pm

needler420 wrote:Were getting short changed on these coins. These coins came from the mint in two different types in two different color boxes. Proofs came in a red box and uncirculated came in blue boxes from the US mint. The coin is in the capsule in these boxes they have a design of George Washington on them. I think they took them out the box to save shipping costs.

As far as I know every proof from the mint had a box so its probably going to take away some of its numismatic value. I'm very saddened to hear we get no box. At least its a silver proof under spot price though.

Mine had some tiny scratches on it as well, definitely not a 63 or whatever they claimed it to be. I bought it for its silver content though, so I'm happy.
morris14ccm
Penny Sorter Member

Postby cesariojpn » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:38 pm

needler420 wrote:We're getting short changed on these coins. These coins came from the mint in two different types in two different color boxes. Proofs came in a red box and uncirculated came in blue boxes from the US mint. The coin is in the capsule in these boxes they have a design of George Washington on them. I think they took them out the box to save shipping costs.

We're buying it for it's melt value. If you feel you need the box: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Proof-Half ... 3a543426b6
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby lewbo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:18 pm

I am getting ready to try the 3 half dollar deal again, 1-800-645-3122 offer code HDDA.
Selling US pennies 1.9 face shipped. Never mind I am keeping everything!
lewbo
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby stevkc » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:44 pm

justj2k78 wrote:It signs you up for their monthly coin club, or whatever it's called. Each month, you get several overpriced coins in the mail, which you can keep and be charged or return free of charge. Or you can immediately opt out, which is what everyone here does.

Are you (or anyone) sure returns are free? I signed up for a Half Dollar special, which I just received. It was a good deal so I plan on keeping it, but the return envelope they included is not prepaid postage. In the space for a stamp it says "postal service will not deliver without proper postage." In reading through all the material, I saw that I could send back future approval shipments, but it didn't say anything about free shipping back to them.
stevkc
Penny Sorter Member

Postby stevkc » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:45 pm

lewbo wrote:I am getting ready to try the 3 half dollar deal again, 1-800-645-3122 offer code HDDA.

Do you have to use a different address and credit card?
stevkc
Penny Sorter Member

Postby needler420 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:25 am

cesariojpn wrote:
needler420 wrote:We're getting short changed on these coins. These coins came from the mint in two different types in two different color boxes. Proofs came in a red box and uncirculated came in blue boxes from the US mint. The coin is in the capsule in these boxes they have a design of George Washington on them. I think they took them out the box to save shipping costs.

We're buying it for it's melt value. If you feel you need the box: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Proof-Half ... 3a543426b6

The box is worth almost half its melt value of silver.I wouldn't buy it alone for half the price of the coin it should have come with the coin.

That's why were getting short changed on it the numismatic value of the box is worth half of the silver content of the coin. They can keep all the boxes and make $4 each box.
needler420
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Double3 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:24 am

stevkc wrote:
justj2k78 wrote:It signs you up for their monthly coin club, or whatever it's called. Each month, you get several overpriced coins in the mail, which you can keep and be charged or return free of charge. Or you can immediately opt out, which is what everyone here does.

Are you (or anyone) sure returns are free? I signed up for a Half Dollar special, which I just received. It was a good deal so I plan on keeping it, but the return envelope they included is not prepaid postage. In the space for a stamp it says "postal service will not deliver without proper postage." In reading through all the material, I saw that I could send back future approval shipments, but it didn't say anything about free shipping back to them.

The half deal did not come with a pre paid envelope but the others do.
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby morris14ccm » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:03 pm

Double3 wrote:
stevkc wrote:

The half deal did not come with a pre paid envelope but the others do.

Alright so now that I am in the Half Dollar Club and whatever the other club is, they'll send me coins every month. Will the coins they send me be FREE to ship back to them or no?
morris14ccm
Penny Sorter Member

Postby justj2k78 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Received mine today, it is a proof, and is in very nice condition, no scratches or anything like that. Best part is, they didn't even sign me up for their auto-mail coin club, or whatever it's called!
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Double3 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:49 pm

morris14ccm wrote:
Double3 wrote:The half deal did not come with a pre paid envelope but the others do.

Alright so now that I am in the Half Dollar Club and whatever the other club is, they'll send me coins every month. Will the coins they send me be FREE to ship back to them or no?

I dunno for sure cause I've always canceled the membership to coins on approval as soon as I sent the first batch back.

I believe that it is free though.
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby stevkc » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:37 pm

[/quote]Alright so now that I am in the Half Dollar Club and whatever the other club is, they'll send me coins every month. Will the coins they send me be FREE to ship back to them or no?[/quote]

That's a good question. I think it is purposely unclear. From what I can tell, the answer is no. I'm not sending back the trial coins since they were a good deal, but if I wanted to, it looks like I would have to pay the postage. On future 'approval' coins, I'm guessing I'd have to pay to send them back. I won't find out though since I'm going to tell them to cancel me and not even send out any approval coins.
stevkc
Penny Sorter Member

Postby morris14ccm » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:02 pm

stevkc wrote:Alright so now that I am in the Half Dollar Club and whatever the other club is, they'll send me coins every month. Will the coins they send me be FREE to ship back to them or no?

That's a good question. I think it is purposely unclear. From what I can tell, the answer is no. I'm not sending back the trial coins since they were a good deal, but if I wanted to, it looks like I would have to pay the postage. On future 'approval' coins, I'm guessing I'd have to pay to send them back. I won't find out though since I'm going to tell them to cancel me and not even send out any approval coins.[/quote]
I'm definitely keeping the halves I just meant for future coins. I'm going to call them up tomorrow and cancel if it costs to ship them back in the future.
morris14ccm
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Double3 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:34 am

You're not gonna want the coins they send you if you are worried about having to pay $0.44 to send them back.
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby theshoenlebens » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:57 am

You're not gonna want the coins they send you if you are worried about having to pay $0.44 to send them back.

As stated earlier, the coins after this "special" offer have to be sent back with your postage. I've sent back several and they probably average around $2 for postage.
Not that bad but the coins after the sigh you up are EXTREMELY over-priced. As mentioned earlier I think $17 for a so-so mercury dime is alittle steep :D
The coins I guess could be sent back in a regular envelope if weight was ok but they want them back in their envelope and also insured if over $90 I think.
Never did the insurance but some of the half dollar pachages will be over $100 easy.
Good luck but I had to cancel my memberships because the cost was just to great !

Chris
theshoenlebens
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby morris14ccm » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:12 am

theshoenlebens wrote:

As stated earlier, the coins after this "special" offer have to be sent back with your postage. I've sent back several and they probably average around $2 for postage.
Not that bad but the coins after the sigh you up are EXTREMELY over-priced. As mentioned earlier I think $17 for a so-so mercury dime is alittle steep :D
The coins I guess could be sent back in a regular envelope if weight was ok but they want them back in their envelope and also insured if over $90 I think.
Never did the insurance but some of the half dollar pachages will be over $100 easy.
Good luck but I had to cancel my memberships because the cost was just to great !

Chris

Alright thanks for that.

I just ordered a second halve from the special. Same CC, same address, I'll see what happens.
morris14ccm
Penny Sorter Member

Postby needler420 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:10 pm

Got my coin today. Had wrote a small speech but the web page timed out and I'm too lazy to retype everything I said. :cry: :roll:
needler420
Penny Sorter Member

Postby kidman232 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:24 pm

got mine in today too. seems smaller than a normal half dollar, is the silver content the same?
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Postby needler420 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:35 pm

kidman232 wrote:got mine in today too. seems smaller than a normal half dollar, is the silver content the same?

.4019 ounces = 11.3936733 grams

Still under spot. Can't beat having a pre-paid postage label as well for the return junk. Only hassle is putting the coins I don't want back in the mail box.
needler420
Penny Sorter Member

Postby kidman232 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:38 pm

i did not get any additonal coins sent to me
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Postby Mercuryman » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:39 pm

needler420 wrote:
kidman232 wrote:got mine in today too. seems smaller than a normal half dollar, is the silver content the same?

.4019 ounces = 11.3936733 grams

Still under spot. Can't beat having a pre-paid postage label as well for the return junk. Only hassle is putting the coins I don't want back in the mail box.

Silver is measured in the Troy system, not Avoirdupois. 31.1 grams = troy ounce, 1 troy pound = 12 troy ounces. A silver half contains roughly .36 of an ounce.
Mercuryman
Penny Hoarding Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals