Great Silver Deal.......Move on it guys.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Great Silver Deal.......Move on it guys.

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:20 pm

I'm Big into giving credit where credit is due so I quoted the good folks from BS to show you guys this deal.
Here's The kicker guys......FREE SHIPPING!!!!!........with the code below.

Silvertongue wrote:The Royal Canadian Mint is selling $20 silver coins for $20 again, max of 3 per order.

http://www.mint.ca/store/product/product_exchange2011.jsp?itemId=prod1150003&lang=en_CA&rcmiid=20x20home_banner_en

Worth noting: shipping to the US is $12.95, not $2.99.

flyingboujanero wrote:for those of us in the USA. There is a promo code for free shipping. If you purchase 3 of these $20 coins you can get free shipping; promo code CoinWorld20

Also for the Guys with No CAD's in their bank account I uncovered this in the FAQ:

I live in the United States. Can I purchase items from mint.ca?
To ensure that American residents always benefit from the most competitive exchange rates, all items in our catalogues are listed in Canadian dollars only. If you are in the US and paying by credit card, your company will automatically convert the payment to US funds at the time of shipment.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: Great Silver Deal.......Move on it guys.

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:36 pm

Just checked the visa card......I was charged $59.44 USD
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Thogey » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:44 pm

What do these weigh?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Thogey » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:46 pm

7.69 grams? are these really that hot?

I'll sell my ASE's fro $72.00 each! that would be a nice discount over these.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:51 pm

Thogey wrote:7.69 grams? are these really that hot?

Its the face value that makes them great......$20 bucks in for $20 face.

Silver goes to $5 ounce you still have $20 face..... :idea:

Check the Bay to see what they are ending at.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_nkw=%2420+silver&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=3377&_okw=%2420+silver&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=Zip+code&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Thogey » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:01 pm

Wow I saw a few sold for 35.00 on e-bay.
Thogey

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:05 pm

Another way to think of it is this Eric:

If you could go to the bank and get a $20 dollar bill for 20 bucks that would be normal. Now what if that same bank had three 20 dollar bills with 7 of Kurrs sliver gram bars between the ply of fibers. Which notes would you rather have? Can't rip um out or you will destroy the face value.....but there there.

No brainer dude......get on it ;)

Don't make me steal your identity and info and buy these for you. :lol:
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Henchman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:49 pm

Thanks for the heads up Rodebaugh. Bought my 3, for some reason I am becoming partial to Canadian currency. Perhaps it's all the free coins I get out of the Penny Arcade. :D

Cheers,
Henchman
Henchman
Penny Sorter Member

Postby lewbo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:14 pm

Dumb question was the conversion price $59.44 each or for all three?
Selling US pennies 1.9 face shipped. Never mind I am keeping everything!
lewbo
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby db23 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:31 pm

lewbo wrote:Dumb question was the conversion price $59.44 each or for all three?

My CC has $58.68 pending for all 3, though it doesn't list a FETF yet. Most CCs charge a 3% FETF. I dug out my AMEX that has a 1% Fee plus 1% Reward...
db23
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby lewbo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:33 pm

thanks after I asked a did the math in my head and realize it could not be each!
Selling US pennies 1.9 face shipped. Never mind I am keeping everything!
lewbo
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:59 pm

I wanted to diversify my currency holdings, this does with trick with a nice silver insurance policy to boot! Sweet! Thanks Doc!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby stevkc » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:14 pm

I'm not seeing why this is such a great deal. Not that it is bad, but why is it so great?

So I pay approx. $20 US for $20 face in Canadian money. Assuming the exchange rate doesn't go too crazy in one direction, there doesn't seem to be a lot of downside (although since a $20 Canadian coin isn't all that spendable in Kansas, I need the coin to appreciate to make it worth buying them).

But the upside seems pretty limited. Despite the $20 face value, the silver content is only about 1/4 oz, which is about $8 melt. So silver would have to go to $80/oz to have $20 worth of silver. Where is the value? Is there a great numismatic value? With a mintage of 250,000 they aren't really that rare. Yes, if silver tanks, it is still worth $20 Canadian, but if that happens, I'd rather have my US $20 than Canadian $20. Just wondering...
stevkc
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:17 pm

stevkc wrote:I'm not seeing why this is such a great deal. Not that it is bad, but why is it so great?

So I pay approx. $20 US for $20 face in Canadian money. Assuming the exchange rate doesn't go too crazy in one direction, there doesn't seem to be a lot of downside (although since a $20 Canadian coin isn't all that spendable in Kansas, I need the coin to appreciate to make it worth buying them).

But the upside seems pretty limited. Despite the $20 face value, the silver content is only about 1/4 oz, which is about $8 melt. So silver would have to go to $80/oz to have $20 worth of silver. Where is the value? Is there a great numismatic value? With a mintage of 250,000 they aren't really that rare. Yes, if silver tanks, it is still worth $20 Canadian, but if that happens, I'd rather have my US $20 than Canadian $20. Just wondering...

No prob stevkc I got a response taylored just for you

Another way to think of it is this Eric stevkc:

If you could go to the bank and get a $20 dollar bill for 20 bucks that would be normal. Now what if that same bank had three 20 dollar bills with 7 of Kurrs sliver gram bars between the ply of fibers. Which notes would you rather have? Can't rip um out or you will destroy the face value.....but there there.

No brainer dude......get on it
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Thogey » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:21 pm

Doc's just turning us on to a deal.

Take it or leave it. But thanks for the info Doc.

There really is no point to debating, is there?
Thogey

Postby texcollex » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:25 pm

Thanks for the tip! Got my order placed.
texcollex
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Don't just stand there........DRINK!!!!!!

Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby TXBullion » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:30 pm

I was sold when I saw coupon code...... wasnt even sure what it was for
TXBullion

Postby barrytrot » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:52 pm

This is a great deal.

I'll add to Rodebaugh's insight:

- In addition to the face value you also have the numismatic value. Keep yours pristine and you should always be able to get MORE THAN $20 each for them.

So with no risk whatsoever you get:
- Some silver
- A numismatic coin
- Full face value
barrytrot

Postby stevkc » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:08 pm

Rodebaugh wrote: No prob stevkc I got a response taylored just for you

Another way to think of it is this Eric stevkc:

No brainer dude......get on it

I suppose I'd rather have the bill with the embedded silver. But that doesn't seem a fair comparison. A major aspect of this is that I'm trading my US $20 that is easily used here in the US for a Canadian $20 that is not. If it was just $20 US vs. $20 Canadian, I'd rather have the US (assuming basically even exchange rates).

But the Canadian has about $8 of silver value. So it seems that silver spot would have to go up about 150% to have $20 worth of silver. I understand that if silver tanks, I would still have $20 worth of Canadian money, so the downside risk is limited. But the upside seems to be very limited. Where is the upside? I don't think these have much numi value (maybe a couple bucks now, but unlikely in the future). If the potential upside is in the silver, you need a 150% increase to break even. If I buy $20 of silver US quarters, at least I'm starting even.

Not really trying to argue with you, I'd just like to see why this is such a great deal. I see the limited risk, but these are only 1/4 oz of silver. Upside seems very limited for the $20 price of $8 of silver.
stevkc
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Treetop » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:24 pm

Id put a few hundred bucks in these if i could!!! Although being a different countries currency is a downside I like having some FRNs.... silver FRNs? no brainer. Id do 1-2k if these were US coins. with a huge smile on my face.

They only had fedex for shipping. Ive seen fed ex trucks in the canyon I now live in, just not sure if they will come all the way out to wher eI live. I could of used my house I still own in town, but didnt want to. Guess I will find out if fed ex can come out here now.

thanks for the heads up!!! I wanted some of these last time but didnt want to pay for face plus shipping. I hope they do this each time they mint these!!! I will order the max each time.

Doesnt this kinda imply the canadian government wants their citizens to own a bit of silver???? It does to me. I cant see why else they would do this.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Henchman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:50 pm

stevkc wrote: seeing why this is such a great deal. Not that it is bad, but why is it so great?

Simple reason why I purchased these. I read the initial post (thanks Rodebaugh) then a few down (Thogey). Selling for $25-$35 on eBay. Buy 3, sell 3, make money.
Henchman
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Treetop » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:59 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Just checked the visa card......I was charged $59.44 USD

same for me. also visa.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:01 am

To the three $20 coins I added a year of the dragon coin (awesome!) and a maple for grins. My Canuck price is $193.83. The toilet paper FRN price on my credit card is $192.01.

Thanks Rodebaugh!
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby OtusLotus » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:48 am

I think this is what makes this deal "unique"..

ASE= 1 oz of AG... face value of $1
5 oz ATB= face value of $0.25

In other words, whenever you buy the silver (and gold for that matter), you are buying the coin for the PM content, not the face value... and immediately, you are losing purchasing power if you need to turn these suckers in to buy something..(not saying that you would ever use your ASE at the Dollar Store or the ATB to play a video game), but on the FACE value of the coin, that is all they are really worth.

With this deal, you are merely exchanging C$20 paper for a C$20 coin that contains silver. So, in the SHTF scenario, you will still have the same amt of $$ in your pocket...
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals