Good deal on Gold at APMEX

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Good deal on Gold at APMEX

Postby inflationhawk » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:34 pm

This isn't too bad of a deal at APMEX...

http://www.apmex.com/Product/11/.aspx?u ... 11img_Gold
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Good deal on Gold at APMEX

Postby Mossy » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:24 pm

Yup. And "industrial silver" is back as well.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:42 pm

inflationhawk wrote:This isn't too bad of a deal at APMEX...

I got the email tonight too. My question is, how long are they running this special?

$40 over spot per ounce... not bad for new fractionals. Maples are 24k 8-) They are currently charging the same for their 1oz Maples with "abrasions".

We'll see where spot heads by tomorrow. If gold goes back toward $1600, it'll be worth picking up 20-40 of these.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:21 pm

When this special came out APMEX had about 2800 of these listed for sale. Gold was around $1630-1650 at that time. I watched it for a couple days when gold was down and not many of these were selling. Now that gold is $1750 they seem to be selling like hot cakes. This morning there were over 1000 and now only 580 left at the time of this writing.

It's easy to understand why most investors are their own worst enemy. I believe gold and silver are the greatest wealth preservers in these times, but I just wanted to make a point about human physcology.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:25 pm

Price is sure to drop when I don't have any money, and go up as payday approaches. Payday is tomorrow. What did spot do yesterday?
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:56 pm

Mossy wrote:Price is sure to drop when I don't have any money, and go up as payday approaches. Payday is tomorrow. What did spot do yesterday?

I feel your pain. That used to happen to me a lot when my finances were tighter. It's very frustrating. You might consider buying whenever you have the spare cash.

The good thing is that there is always another dip to buy. I've been fortunate enough to catch some of the big dips because I was patient. I caught the 2008 dip, but I still wish I bought more :x I was living in a fairly ritzy area in So Cal then, and it wasn't cheap.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby moneydog » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:11 pm

inflationhawk wrote:This isn't too bad of a deal at APMEX...

cant buy from apmex i live in oklahoma and get charged tax and tax makes me angry :evil:
moneydog
Penny Pincher Member

Postby avidbrandy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:16 pm

They sold out now. That was quick.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby twentybux » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:20 pm

Yeah, that was quick.
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:26 pm

avidbrandy wrote:They sold out now. That was quick.

They sold out just after I made my previous post. I keep refreshing their page. There were 580 left... 2 minutes passed and I refreshed again and there were only 180 left. It must be nice having enough spare fiatscos to buy 400 1/4oz gold coins at one time. I didn't get one because I waited too long hoping gold would drop. :(

I did contact an Apmex rep and asked him if there would be more sold at that special price, he said no. :cry:

I'm hoping for another dip next week.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals