ebay and the 25th anniversary set

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: ebay and the 25th anniversary set

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:43 pm

Just sold a set for .......$725 Buy it Now to a guy with 4000 feedback.

Guys these are going to get stupid.

Play by the rules and list a few....not all.....but a few.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:45 pm

This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Henchman » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:10 pm

I've sold 2 already for about the same price. Paid for 5 of the xx sets I have coming in. :D

Rodebaugh for Realcent member of the Year!

Cheers,
Henchman
Henchman
Penny Sorter Member

Postby everything » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:49 am

But of course, man u guys are cruel, but on the stick. I tried to get my girlfriend to get on board, and my brother, and my friends, etc. but that's ok. It was difficult enough for most people to get their own orders in. Premiums on these sets will be bigger than we thought.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Double3 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:57 am

Are you guys selling these "mint sealed"?
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby wbeck » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:28 pm

Those of you who are lucky enough to have not had your listings taken down... You should be glad others have! Methinks the fact that far fewer have been put up than should have been is probably (at least temporarily) driving up prices even higher!
wbeck
Penny Sorter Member

Postby wbeck » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:56 pm

exbingoaddict wrote:
That's life when you in business for yourself. Customers are a pain, vendors are a pain, creditors are a pain. Nothing is ever easy. It's amazing anything ever gets done in this world. It truly is.

Quite right on the bureaucracy part. Most large interational firms start to just operate the same as the federal governement does. One size fits all policies that don't make sense.

True, all true! But I love it! I can't stand working for other people. Not that I think I'm the most brilliant guy in the world... But jeez bosses can be so dumb sometimes! At least when it's me being dumb I can't be irritated or mad at anyone but myself! When things are going good, that's obviously nice... But there's an equally great satisfaction when things are all screwed up, and you come up with a clever way to save the day.

And barrytrot, you are largely correct. Doesn't always have a happy ending, but if you never give up and stick with it, running a business tends to be better in the long haul IMO. What most people forget is it's just like baseball. You don't have to get a hit, let alone a home run, every time. However if you keep swinging, you'll do well on the average.

You do have to have the mentality for it though. Some people just can't deal with the endless barrage of BS. My last girlfriend owned a business, and had no business doing so! Not but a few months after we broke up she folded it. Without my encouragement her natural inclinations took over. She could have easily pulled it out had she listened (which she did) and actually followed through (she did not) on some of my advice. For the best though because she just isn't the type. Fortunately there are enough people that are crazy enough to put up with it out there.
wbeck
Penny Sorter Member

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:07 pm

Just sold a set for $598 + 12 bucks shipping on e-bay. You guys are smarter than me getting 725 for a set. I can't really complain though! :mrgreen: Thanks Doc!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:22 pm

Wow, so now e-bay removed the rest of my listings as well as most others for sale there. However, I might just relist because there are still sets for sale on there.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby exbingoaddict » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:03 am

blackrabbit wrote:Wow, so now e-bay removed the rest of my listings as well as most others for sale there. However, I might just relist because there are still sets for sale on there.

Glad to know I'm not alone. Had my pulled too.
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals