Buying gold from Midas?... Caveat Emptor

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Buying gold from Midas?... Caveat Emptor

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:13 pm

I listen to Bob Chapman as much as possible. At 36:10 a woman calls the show and tells Ted Anderson: "you are a crook". Listen to Ted's response to her...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQMaERaDqbc&feature=player_embedded

Even if she paid $100 over spot, that is still way overpriced.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: Buying gold from Midas?... Caveat Emptor

Postby wbeck » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:56 am

Bob Chapman is a good guy. Never listened to his show(might now that I know he has one), but hear him on several others I listen to. Yea, Midas isn't that great. I've looked into them just because of the fact that he does all the radio stuff, and was not impressed. On the flip side he's not THE most expensive guy in the world either. He does have some decent "radio specials" that have come up from time to time, but I've never done any anyway.

As a guy who runs my own business, I tend to take customers complaining/saying outrageous things with a grain of salt because I've dealt with too many crazies myself over the years. My guess with this lady is that she probably doesn't know what she's talking about. I bet she bought when gold was higher, then looked at spot a few days later and came up with her 200 dollar figure because she doesn't have a clue. I doubt they randomly double their listed markup for some people, and not for others.
wbeck
Penny Sorter Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:35 pm

wbeck wrote:Bob Chapman is a good guy. Never listened to his show(might now that I know he has one), but hear him on several others I listen to. Yea, Midas isn't that great. I've looked into them just because of the fact that he does all the radio stuff, and was not impressed. On the flip side he's not THE most expensive guy in the world either. He does have some decent "radio specials" that have come up from time to time, but I've never done any anyway.

As a guy who runs my own business, I tend to take customers complaining/saying outrageous things with a grain of salt because I've dealt with too many crazies myself over the years. My guess with this lady is that she probably doesn't know what she's talking about. I bet she bought when gold was higher, then looked at spot a few days later and came up with her 200 dollar figure because she doesn't have a clue. I doubt they randomly double their listed markup for some people, and not for others.

She should of yelled at him about his half dollar premiums:

http://www.midasresources.com/store/store.php
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby wbeck » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:04 am

No kidding! Well at least if someone buys from Ted Anderson they can feel (kind of) good about the fact that they're giving a good fat profit to a guy who's doing something somewhat useful with his money. I've always favored high volume low margin type companies as opposed to companies who market themselves into being able to charge high prices though... Aside from a lot of the big box stores that is. They just threw quality out the window in favor of a low retail price.

As I've said on here previously, I'm very happy I finally decided to stop into my neighborhood coin shop vs only looking online. They beat the delivered cost of anywhere online aside from super big dollar purchases, which I usually don't make.
wbeck
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals