Great Silver Deal.......Move on it guys.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Great Silver Deal.......Move on it guys.

Postby frugalcanuck » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:08 pm

I was able to get 18 of them and now Im going to piss off the local coin guys and sell them for $30, $5 less than what is listed on craigslist. Last time I did this I got an unkind e-mail from one of them. They didnt like my selling price saying it was stupid to ask for lower than what others were asking. Yet it was not low enough for them to buy.
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TXBullion » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:18 pm

frugalcanuck wrote:I was able to get 18 of them and now Im going to piss off the local coin guys and sell them for $30, $5 less than what is listed on craigslist. Last time I did this I got an unkind e-mail from one of them. They didnt like my selling price saying it was stupid to ask for lower than what others were asking. Yet it was not low enough for them to buy.

:lol: That's a funny reason not high enough but low enough
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby inflationhawk » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:36 pm

tbram88 wrote:
inflationhawk wrote:Got mine today. Upon closer inspection, it appears to me that the canoer is upside down on the coin! Am I crazy? If you look at it with the word Canada upside down, the canoer looks more correct.

It's a kid reaching into the water (Right side up) and his reflection in the water is a professional rower.
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&sa=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1280&bih=684&tbm=isch&tbnid=xWXCX81r29AQgM:&imgrefurl=http://www.coinnews.net/2011/10/24/canadian-20-canoe-silver-coin-for-20-approaches-sell-out/&docid=nrGS3snYd7GzBM&imgurl=http://www.coinnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/2011-20-Canoe-Silver-Coin.jpg&w=388&h=362&ei=kMCvTtDWKYSHgwfFjdnYAQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=540&vpy=147&dur=2860&hovh=217&hovw=232&tx=134&ty=139&sig=105986895066785611652&page=1&tbnh=146&tbnw=156&start=0&ndsp=17&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0

Does that make sense?

Bob.

Ah...an existential moment. Seems a bit out there to me, but creative I suppose. I like the canoe on the coin idea though.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Trey » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:00 am

Sold out. :(
Trey

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals