message from the mint

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

message from the mint

Postby knibloe » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:31 am

Any one else get this message?

Dear United States Mint Customer:

We are fully aware of the difficulties many customers encountered last week with the release of the American Eagle 25th Anniversary Set. We would like you to know that we have undertaken an aggressive review of how we brought the product to market so we can better serve all of our customers in the future. Dick Peterson, the Deputy Director of the United States Mint, has also directed that the bureau review all future product offerings to ensure that we apply to them the lessons we learned from the marketing of the American Eagle 25th Anniversary Set.

One of the principal sources of frustration was our web and phone order-taking system. As many of you know, we are in the process of updating our order management system. Our current system is very outdated and we recognize that it does not serve our customers well. Accordingly, we recently selected a contractor that will develop and implement our new system—one that will be modern and comparable to other top-rated retail Web sites. Unfortunately, this transition will take some time; we are anticipating that the new system will be in place by fall 2012.

Our aim is to work earnestly to ensure that the inconvenience and frustration that our regular customers may have encountered last week is mitigated in 2012 as we re-examine our product launch strategies and systems. We value our relationship with you and are committed to serving you professionally and responsively. You deserve no less!

The United States Mint
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Re: message from the mint

Postby NHsorter » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:44 am

Yes, I got this message too.

I kind of like the system the way it is. They grossly under price a desirable limited edition set... They make it impossible for people to order over the phone... They make it difficult to order online... Only the patient and persistent are able to get orders in. I have patience and I am persistent so this works out great for me. I hope that have more sales just like this. Don't fix anything! I am happy to sell my sets at a premium to the impatient and lazy.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby penny pretty » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:41 am

got the message. I bought an ATB proof quarter set a week B4 just to get set up an account. logged on at noon on D day, and hit refresh for 2 hours and got my sets. should be happy but only ordered what I could affford.. three. kicking myself for not getting 5. anyway not sellling them.just want to hold em.
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Silver Addict » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:15 am

NHsorter wrote: Don't fix anything! I am happy to sell my sets at a premium to the impatient and lazy.

^^^+1^^^^
Silver Addict
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals