Selling on ebay question

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Selling on ebay question

Postby Hawkeye » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:53 am

Now that I am actually getting ready to list my 25th ann. sets on ebay, I was wondering about a couple things regarding my listing. What exactly does "mint sealed" mean? Does that mean I have to sell all five sets together without opening the box? How do they come in the box? I would prefer to separate them and sell them one at a time, but haven't decided yet. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Selling on ebay question

Postby Double3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:58 am

Guy opening his box of 5.

Pretty sure mint sealed means you don't open the box you get.

Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby twentybux » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:34 am

I like how he has his firearm sitting beside him on the table. 8-)
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby PeacePeople » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:59 am

Mint sealed means not opening the outer box. Suggest you check completed sales and see what's commanding the most $$$. Good luck
PeacePeople
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NHsorter » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:34 am

I have a box of 5 that I have to open because I sold a couple of singles. I am going to keep a set for myself as well. I want to cherry pick the best one, :twisted: but I don't know exactly what to look for. :(

Is there a good website with examples (pics) of what sort of things would drop the coin to a 69 instead of a 70?
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby penny pretty » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:33 pm

thought it funny with the money troubles the US post office is having that the US mint shipped all these UPS!!! the GOVT taking $$ from itself.
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NHsorter » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Yeah, my wife thought it was ridiculous that they went via UPS. I assume that it has something to do with the non-availability of insurance on bullion coins through the US mail.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Hawkeye » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:36 pm

So I think I will not open them at all and sell them "unopened/mint sealed." But what exactly is in the box other than the 5 coin sets? I assume that there is an invoice or something. Is there anything on that that I would not want a stranger seeing? (credit card #, personal info, etc)
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Mercuryman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:42 pm

NHsorter wrote:I have a box of 5 that I have to open because I sold a couple of singles. I am going to keep a set for myself as well. I want to cherry pick the best one, :twisted: but I don't know exactly what to look for. :(

Is there a good website with examples (pics) of what sort of things would drop the coin to a 69 instead of a 70?

I'm pretty sure its nearly impossible to tell a 69 and a 70 apart to the naked eye, The grading probably depends on the mood of the coin grader as well and how many coins you send in.
Mercuryman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Silver Addict » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:09 pm

NHsorter wrote:Yeah, my wife thought it was ridiculous that they went via UPS. I assume that it has something to do with the non-availability of insurance on bullion coins through the US mail.

Called "stimulus money" :lol:
Silver Addict
Penny Collector Member

Postby Silver Addict » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:11 pm

Hawkeye wrote:So I think I will not open them at all and sell them "unopened/mint sealed." But what exactly is in the box other than the 5 coin sets? I assume that there is an invoice or something. Is there anything on that that I would not want a stranger seeing? (credit card #, personal info, etc)

Nothing on the invoice that matters. Just your address which the buyer will already have from the return address on the box. No CC info.
Silver Addict
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals