Silver Coin Sets

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver Coin Sets

Postby rsk1963 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:18 pm

What are fair market prices for coin sets i.e. COA silver sets, prestiage sets? Is there a average price point for these things?
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver Coin Sets

Postby mr18 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:07 am

I look at numismedia.com for fair market value and then round down a little bit. It all depends who you are buying from, my experience has been between $25-$30 for common prestige sets and around $25 for common silver prrof sets from the early 90's.
mr18
Penny Pincher Member

Postby PeacePeople » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:26 am

Your best bet is to check the TPG websites to get an idea what they're selling through collector organizations for. You should also check the etailers for what they're selling them for and then ebay completed sales. That should at least give you a range.
PeacePeople
Penny Pincher Member

Postby rsk1963 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:37 pm

thanks very much
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals