25th Anniversary Sets Ship

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: 25th Anniversary Sets Ship

Postby tractorman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:18 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:A buddy of mine received the dreaded wait list email Tuesday night at about 11. Checked and I didn't get one yet. Status still shows the same but ship date has slipped to the 24th. :mrgreen:

Order # 38396xxx is a no-go. I knew it was a longshot as I ordered very late. Here is the email I got last night.

Dear United States Mint Customer,

Thank you so much for your interest in the American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set.

Due to overwhelming demand, the product reached its production limit in sales quickly and the United States Mint accepted a limited number of orders on a waiting list in the event that products became available due to order cancellations.

Unfortunately, based on the time your order was taken, we can now confirm that your waiting list order will not be processed. Please note you will receive an order cancellation notification confirming this when your order is cancelled from our system.

The United States Mint
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby PeacePeople » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:28 am

So, you guys going to sell these things as soon as you get them. Right now they're as hot as blue blazes, and I don't think that'll last forever....or even a few months for that matter.
PeacePeople
Penny Pincher Member

Postby penny pretty » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:40 pm

got my 3 sets this morning UPS, ya think the US mint would give the US postal service all that buisness!!
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:01 am

Went to check status tonight and guess what.. their site is down! Imagine that.

Sorry you got cancelled tractorman. I have not gotten one of those "Dear Hoard" emails from the mint yet.. but I am not feeling overly optomistic. Order # is 38380xxx.

Got confirmation that my 5 sets on the Friends and Family plan (had a friend order) shipped today. Order # was 38350XXX. This order was placed by phone at 2:30 EST.

Does anyone have confirmed deal with a number bigger than this? :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby twoten01 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:26 am

HCBTT, My order # is 38351xxx, I ordered at 2:39 EST, my sets just got shipped yesterday, and I got an email from the mint at 9:36pm last night saying they shipped them, of course the tracking # doesn't work, but at least they are coming. So maybe they are just really slow, and 3838xxxx orders wont ship until Monday. Good luck.
twoten01
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Corsair » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:21 am

I have two orders to two households. They have been pushed back each and every day since I ordered them. They both now give an estimated ship date of November 26. Ain't looking good.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Double3 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:43 am

penny pretty wrote:got my 3 sets this morning UPS, ya think the US mint would give the US postal service all that buisness!!

They sent mine USPS.

No one has any idea why they did it that way either lol.
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Well I was hoping to sell some on ebay but, my shipping is taking so long I'm missing all of the good prices... blah!!
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:34 pm

twoten01 wrote:HCBTT, My order # is 38351xxx, I ordered at 2:39 EST, my sets just got shipped yesterday, and I got an email from the mint at 9:36pm last night saying they shipped them, of course the tracking # doesn't work, but at least they are coming. So maybe they are just really slow, and 3838xxxx orders wont ship until Monday. Good luck.
I think the reason the tracking # doesn't work is because the number is generated when they pack the order but it doesn't get into the tracking system until the truck picks them up that night or the next day. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby TXBullion » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:36 pm

One of my orders is a 38354. It has been charged with status in stock and reserved. Maybe it will ship monday?
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:05 am

I think it will probably ship Monday. Congrats! :mrgreen:
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby ScottyTX » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:05 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:Went to check status tonight and guess what.. their site is down! Imagine that.

Sorry you got cancelled tractorman. I have not gotten one of those "Dear Hoard" emails from the mint yet.. but I am not feeling overly optomistic. Order # is 38380xxx.

Got confirmation that my 5 sets on the Friends and Family plan (had a friend order) shipped today. Order # was 38350XXX. This order was placed by phone at 2:30 EST.

Does anyone have confirmed deal with a number bigger than this? :mrgreen:

I've got a 38382xxx order number and haven't received a nasty e-mail yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed here but have low expectations......
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Hawkeye » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:52 am

My wife texted me Friday morning while I was at work: "The eagles have landed." I think I'll keep her. :D
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Corsair » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:38 pm

Both moved back another day this morning - November 27.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby PolishPunisher » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:29 am

My order 36362xxx has been marked as shipped this morning 11/14.
I am still waiting for the dreaded cancellation notice on 38389xxx.
PolishPunisher
Penny Pincher Member

Postby tractorman » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:12 am

tractorman wrote:
HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:A buddy of mine received the dreaded wait list email Tuesday night at about 11. Checked and I didn't get one yet. Status still shows the same but ship date has slipped to the 24th. :mrgreen:

Order # 38396xxx is a no-go. I knew it was a longshot as I ordered very late. Here is the email I got last night.

Dear United States Mint Customer,

Thank you so much for your interest in the American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set.

Due to overwhelming demand, the product reached its production limit in sales quickly and the United States Mint accepted a limited number of orders on a waiting list in the event that products became available due to order cancellations.

Unfortunately, based on the time your order was taken, we can now confirm that your waiting list order will not be processed. Please note you will receive an order cancellation notification confirming this when your order is cancelled from our system.

The United States Mint

Ok, this is strange. I got this email from the mint this morning ...

Greetings from the United States Mint.
We regret to inform you that the item(s) listed below
are currently on backorder. Please expect your item(s)
to arrive within the timeframe listed below.
Track your order at http://catalog.usmint.gov
Thanks again for shopping with the United States Mint.
Exp Ship: 11/28/11

I guess I'll just wait and see if they send something. :roll:
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby OtusLotus » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:28 am

I have order # 38356xxx and I am getting it tomorrow!
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:49 am

Got 38350xxx this morning. Got an email from the Mint in the middle of the night. It wasn't one of the bad ones yet.. just telling me I am still on backorder and they are pushing back the ship date.

For those of you shipping out sealed 5 set boxes.. what is the best way to ship those? :mrgreen:
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby natsb88 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:58 am

My only surviving order, 38363xxx, shipped out today :D
natsb88

Postby NHsorter » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:28 am

Hoard, I have been using UPS. I don't know what the published rates are, we get a discount at my company. I think our insurance is a lot cheaper too. But UPS was a heck of a lot cheaper then USPS on these. If this fit in a large flat rate box that would have been sweet, but since it does not you are talking a nice chunk of change if your want a signature and insurance.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby hejira11 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:52 am

I had a hold on my card from the Mint for a week. It disappeared yesterday. Today I get an Email with the Shipping confirmation #... As long as I get my order, i don't care if they never bill me!
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby Copper Member » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:35 pm

same with me, altho I received mine today!!! I'm sure they will catch it. Right is right.
check me out on facebook Lake's Coin's and Militaria
Copper Member
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby highroller4321 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:08 pm

I wonder why Apmex isn't selling the sets online yet. They must be waiting for all the orders they bought from customers to come in?
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby natsb88 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:38 am

Ok, who wants to bid on mine? :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150700282974

Just got it today and noticed the sealed boxes going for $4000 - $4200 tonight, thought I better get it up there quick before they start heading back the other way. And hey, why not go fishing with a $4500 BIN :lol:
natsb88

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:45 am

The mint pushed mine back to the 28th! :x
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals