Brilliant Ebay

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Brilliant Ebay

Postby avidbrandy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:23 am

WOW

So I sold a 25th anniversary set. The guy paid for it.

THEN Ebay took it down. SO there's now no auction, I have the fees, and the money's in my paypal account. I already contacted the buyer through his e-mail on paypal and told him I'd still ship it if he wants since it's all paid for already. We'll see I guess.

Seems ebay wants their $45 fee from each one every time you list it now. BEWARE.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Brilliant Ebay

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:16 pm

That is pretty weird!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:47 pm

My last two e-bay sales were just deleted as it happened to you. They completed Saturday night but I guess the Monday morning management had their double latte before work today. The payments are still on feebay so I guess I will have to contact the buyers like you did. Scrubbing days after the fact seems extremely dumb, great way to piss off buyers and sellers.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby spjegues » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:37 pm

Same thing happened to me- I already have the money in my bank account. They are only missing out on the fees (eBay losing the fee money I paid when sold it FVF ). I do not know why they did that - if it is sold and paid for leave it alone.
spjegues
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Corsair » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:47 pm

So I was thinking...if the buyer still wants to go through with the sale, doesn't this just benefit the seller? Thanks to eBay's shenanigans, I've saved a few hundred in fees. Let them cancel my listings after they've sold. I could do this all day.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby misteroman » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:52 pm

sounds like a win for ya!
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby daviscfad » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:45 pm

this happened to me i finally got banned from selling anything for 15 days
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:00 pm

daviscfad wrote:this happened to me i finally got banned from selling anything for 15 days

I got a more stern warning email earlier today. I'm assuming you did as well. How many times did you relist before they dropped the hammer?
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Silver Addict » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:42 am

daviscfad wrote:this happened to me i finally got banned from selling anything for 15 days

I got the warning today that next time I list, I will get banned for 15 days from selling :lol: I have 8 other id's, so think I will manage :idea:
Silver Addict
Penny Collector Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:44 am

I think I could somehow go 15 days without selling anything.. especially after selling a big ticket item and not having to pay FVF on it.. think of the fees I'd save! :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby daviscfad » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:49 am

They said i listed it 6 times.
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:33 pm

Had a guy that sent a best offer to me and it was $50 less than my limit for the whole box of 5 sets. I just sent him a message to call me on my cell phone. I would like to try to sell it to the guy off of eBay and I was wondering if anyone here knew of a good way that could still protect us both. I have had people try this stuff with me in the past and I have avoided it, but right now I would love to stick it to eBay. They really pissed me off this time.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby louisianagold » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:12 pm

I avoid Ebay. They have screwed the "seller" over the years. I also refuse to use paypal. Ebay sux! :evil:
louisianagold
Penny Pincher Member

Postby cshe091 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:45 pm

I use Ebay usually only out of necessity. I've never got burned by a buyer or seller there, but I hate it just the same.
cshe091

Postby TXBullion » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:09 pm

NHsorter wrote:Had a guy that sent a best offer to me and it was $50 less than my limit for the whole box of 5 sets. I just sent him a message to call me on my cell phone. I would like to try to sell it to the guy off of eBay and I was wondering if anyone here knew of a good way that could still protect us both. I have had people try this stuff with me in the past and I have avoided it, but right now I would love to stick it to eBay. They really pissed me off this time.

I usually do an invoice through paypal. You still get the paypal fee and I have no idea of what kind of recourse/protection there is as I have not had a a dispute yet using this method
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby AGgressive Metal » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:06 am

Why would they pull auctions like this? Am I missing something?
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals