seriously??wtf is wrong with people

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

seriously??wtf is wrong with people

Postby jasmatk » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:34 pm

have you seen this http://www.justicecoin.com im sitting here watching tv and a commercial for this comes on.First the commerative twin towers coins now this crap.$260 value for only 19.99 you better get em while there hot :lol:
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: seriously??wtf is wrong with people

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:40 pm

I bought 2 of these a week or so ago at silver price spot (mixed in with the real stuff)......even the "pros" make mistakes when they are busy. Got home and put them in the trash can. (thought about mailing them out to Ray for a laugh)

It all evens out in the end and I still make a little money....... but little hicups like that burn my buns.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby slickeast » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:47 pm

WHAT???? You threw out something that has a $260 value??? Are you crazy? I was thinking about scooping up all I could at the low $19.99 price oversight that is on the website and flipping them.

Disclaimer : They are worth maybe $1 for both of them. The above statement was intended as a joke.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Treetop » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:27 pm

those acrylic cases alone must be worth 19.99... looks like sweet deal to me.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Hawkeye » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:47 pm

This is awesome. First the 25th anniversary silver eagle sets and now this! I am going to be filthy rich!!! :roll:
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby hobo finds » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:56 pm

Could of KSA them!
hobo finds

Postby avidbrandy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:03 pm

24kt gold layered. How can they possibly cover the loss by selling it for only $20? They'll be out of business soon for sure.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Beau » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:51 pm

YEP It`s time to back the truck up again!
I will put them in the KSA auction.

I didn`t get any of the 25th anniversary Silver Eagle sets, not even one for myself, so ya`ll don`t fight over my auction, of these coins.
just bid often.

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cesariojpn » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:34 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:I bought 2 of these a week or so ago at silver price spot (mixed in with the real stuff)......even the "pros" make mistakes when they are busy. Got home and put them in the trash can. (thought about mailing them out to Ray for a laugh)

It all evens out in the end and I still make a little money....... but little hicups like that burn my buns.

Dude, you could've donated to Goodwill for a few bucks in tax write-offs!!
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:37 pm

Ok ok ok.......I will dig them out of the trash and KSA them next month....get your wallets ready!

BTW......my coins are the twin towers with a "solid" 100 Mills of SILVER!!!!!!!
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:28 pm

forget the money. what BURNS me is they use consecrated ground, the memories of 343 FDNY and over 60 police to make their nuts.

tar and feathers are too good, how about flaming jet fuel and steel beams crashing on their pointy heads.

9/11 coins ARE JUST WRONG.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:54 pm

neilgin1 wrote:forget the money. what BURNS me is they use consecrated ground, the memories of 343 FDNY and over 60 police to make their nuts.

tar and feathers are too good, how about flaming jet fuel and steel beams crashing on their pointy heads.

Yeah thats why they went to the trash can in the first place..............Back to the can again.

Neil, thanks for keeping me in check.....I owe you one. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby twentybux » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:05 pm

jasmatk wrote:have you seen this http://www.justicecoin.com im sitting here watching tv and a commercial for this comes on.First the commerative twin towers coins now this crap.$260 value for only 19.99 you better get em while there hot :lol:

Just viewed the infomercial on the website. CRAP! The guy in the info doesn't have white gloves on! He is touching the coin with his bare, grubby hands! Doesn't he realize that the coin is no longer considered uncirculated and has dropped the value to well under $1. :lol: Freakin' numb nuts!

On a serious note, these folks should to be taken out like good ole Bin Laden. I am not one to start violence, however in my line of work, I don't start it I just finish it. These folks will get their day whether it is in this life time or when they meet their maker. Shame on anyone trying to steal money from others. That is what the government is for.
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby twentybux » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:07 pm

By the way Doc, congrats on the new MODERATOR title under your name. The green font does you well. :D
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:08 pm

twentybux wrote: Shame on anyone trying to steal money from others. That is what the government is for.

+1
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:20 am

Thanks for throwing em back in the trash. Yuck!!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby cesariojpn » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:42 am

Rodebaugh wrote:Yeah thats why they went to the trash can in the first place..............Back to the can again.

Dude, free money is free money. Claim $2 in tax deductions to Goodwill or some charity. Or see if you can get scrap value at a yard or something.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby jasmatk » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:24 am

neilgin1 wrote:forget the money. what BURNS me is they use consecrated ground, the memories of 343 FDNY and over 60 police to make their nuts.

thank you I was waiting for someone to make this point.

I ended up with a twin towers round in a tube of generics I bought about 6 months ago mines not layered its a full ounce of .999 but I still wish it wasnt in the tube.Its kind of like owning blood diamonds,Its blood silver.
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:14 am

for some reason, this last Sunday...i forget the how and why, i found myself focused on the 9/11 attacks, and watched two very heavy, soul crushing documentaries, one (i think) called Zero Hour, it was a minute by minute unpacking of 9/11/2001, and then i watched another that just ripped me apart, entitled "9/11-The Falling Man"..trying to ascertain the identity of that dear soul who's fall from the Towers was caught on film, its not for the faint of heart. You might be asking, 'why the heck you put yourself thru that?"

well, because i never want to forget, we can make physical memorials, and they are good, but i want to make a memorial in my heart as well. It was Bobby Kennedy who quoted the Greek poet Aeschylus, when he spoke the night of Dr. King's murder and said, "In our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the awful grace of God."

and in my pain, OUR pain, the WTC is consecrated ground, and when we search out the kind of men, we want to be, to model ourselves after, you want to ask yourself, "am i the kind of man, that would go running into a place, when everybody else is running out?"
thats why my soul is pained, because i see many, many people, these days, trying to use the attacks, as an opportunity to either profit from that day, OR to diminish our Constitution, our Freedoms, that many many men have shed their blood for, by sowing fear in order to turn this Republic into a fear soaked police state. If we allow that to happen, then these jihadi's who attacked us, will have prevailed.

if we ever forget that blood, whether it be at Valley Forge, or Bastogne, or that World Trade Center, and become just another ordinary nation, complete with secret police, secret laws, secret courts, all that blood shed for us, will just sink into the ground, forgotten, beyond memory or recall. Never let that happen. the redcoats are reaching for the Helm of America, trying to rip up the Constitution, and tear the Heart of the Spirit of 1776 out of us. Never let that happen. Remember the Blood.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Verbane » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:14 am

neilgin1 wrote:for some reason, this last Sunday...i forget the how and why, i found myself focused on the 9/11 attacks, and watched two very heavy, soul crushing documentaries, one (i think) called Zero Hour, it was a minute by minute unpacking of 9/11/2001, and then i watched another that just ripped me apart, entitled "9/11-The Falling Man"..trying to ascertain the identity of that dear soul who's fall from the Towers was caught on film, its not for the faint of heart. You might be asking, 'why the heck you put yourself thru that?"

well, because i never want to forget, we can make physical memorials, and they are good, but i want to make a memorial in my heart as well. It was Bobby Kennedy who quoted the Greek poet Aeschylus, when he spoke the night of Dr. King's murder and said, "In our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the awful grace of God."

and in my pain, OUR pain, the WTC is consecrated ground, and when we search out the kind of men, we want to be, to model ourselves after, you want to ask yourself, "am i the kind of man, that would go running into a place, when everybody else is running out?"
thats why my soul is pained, because i see many, many people, these days, trying to use the attacks, as an opportunity to either profit from that day, OR to diminish our Constitution, our Freedoms, that many many men have shed their blood for, by sowing fear in order to turn this Republic into a fear soaked police state. If we allow that to happen, then these jihadi's who attacked us, will have prevailed.

if we ever forget that blood, whether it be at Valley Forge, or Bastogne, or that World Trade Center, and become just another ordinary nation, complete with secret police, secret laws, secret courts, all that blood shed for us, will just sink into the ground, forgotten, beyond memory or recall. Never let that happen. the redcoats are reaching for the Helm of America, trying to rip up the Constitution, and tear the Heart of the Spirit of 1776 out of us. Never let that happen. Remember the Blood.

I'm lost for words... Thank you.
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:33 am

cesariojpn wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:Yeah thats why they went to the trash can in the first place..............Back to the can again.

Dude, free money is free money. Claim $2 in tax deductions to Goodwill or some charity. Or see if you can get scrap value at a yard or something.

At this point brother I wouldn't sell or donate them for a thousand bucks a piece. The memory of events belongs in or hearts and minds......not on a silver plated fake coin......They are going where they belong.........the landfill. I will not profit from them.

Doc do-right
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:40 am

Hey, hey, hey.. I run landfills. Some trash is not good enough for my landfills. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby hobo finds » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:33 am

I just looked on ebay and saw many different types of 9/11 coins. They have a Pentagon coin, 9/11 crying eagle, Flight remberance and many 10yr anniversary coins. What a joke! To make money from this disaster you have to be scum!
hobo finds

Postby twentybux » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:16 pm

hobo finds wrote:I just looked on ebay and saw many different types of 9/11 coins. They have a Pentagon coin, 9/11 crying eagle, Flight remberance and many 10yr anniversary coins. What a joke! To make money from this disaster you have to be scum!

Exactly! +1

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby twentybux » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:18 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
cesariojpn wrote:

At this point brother I wouldn't sell or donate them for a thousand bucks a piece. The memory of events belongs in or hearts and minds......not on a silver plated fake coin......They are going where they belong.........the landfill. I will not profit from them.

Doc do-right

Way to go Doc. You had my respect long before this thread. ;) Thanks for allowing yourself to be a role model to others. God bless you bro!

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals