Good call Jonflyfish!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Good call Jonflyfish!

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:28 am

re: the USD...really good call. if i trusted any commodity exchange AT ALL anymore, the play would have been a spread, to buy the USD and sell the Euro against it. i noticed about a month or two ago, this spread started to work. its one of those spreads i continually watch, much like the hard red spring wheat against the hard red winter wheat, or July12 corn against Dec12 corn.

nice call, it would REALLY be something, if the USD crests 80, strange days indeed.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: Good call Jonflyfish!

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:42 am

Thank you for the kind words Neil. The markets seem poised for some breathtaking moves, perhaps before the year is over.
Cheers
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXBullion » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:48 am

Jonflyfish wrote:Thank you for the kind words Neil. The markets seem poised for some breathtaking moves, perhaps before the year is over.
Cheers

Breathtaking :D

Have no idea If it's good or bad but I know not to question this brilliant guy
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:28 am

Jeff Nielsen feels TPTB are driving the markets down pre-emptively ahead of November 22nd. What happens then? Well, the SuperCommittee is supposed to make their recommendations. They won't be able to agree. What happens then? Mandated cuts. What happens then? Quantitative Easing 3. What happens then? Silver and Gold take off... again. But from a lower platform than then would have had their not been market interventions. This is traditionally one of the strongest times of the year for precious metals, and studying the charts should provide irrefutable proof to those who still resist the idea that the markets are engineered to produce unnatural results.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby DirtyFingers » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:54 am

JFF's calls always have me on the edge of my seat.

Very timely as well as accurate. Short and to the point. Thank you sir!

DF
....not a fortunate son.
DirtyFingers
Penny Collector Member

Postby JJM » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:10 am

I thought it was great when he shared his sale & purchase points with us. Perhaps if the naysayers all back off, he'd be kind enough to do so again?

I believe at least some of the situation in Europe will be allowed to finally run it's course later this month, might be time to dig up my Greece thread.

Very interesting comments on the supercommittee, I haven't heard much about them since they were enthroned.
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:18 am

Jonflyfish wrote:Thank you for the kind words Neil. The markets seem poised for some breathtaking moves, perhaps before the year is over.
Cheers

well deserved....dont know about equities though, and wont put on the USD/EUR even if i WAS high net.....here's something i read the other day from a fine mind, world class, fella by the name of John Robb, he isnt some left wing glass breaker, he isnt a 'financial analyst', but he is one of the best strategic thinker's around today, here he unpacks what he calls "pathogenic warfare", its something to consider:

http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/glo ... rfare.html

all the best mate, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:58 am

neilgin1 wrote:
Cheers

well deserved....dont know about equities though, and wont put on the USD/EUR even if i WAS high net.....here's something i read the other day from a fine mind, world class, fella by the name of John Robb, he isnt some left wing glass breaker, he isnt a 'financial analyst', but he is one of the best strategic thinker's around today, here he unpacks what he calls "pathogenic warfare", its something to consider:

http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/glo ... rfare.html

all the best mate, neil

Interesting article, Neil... thanks for the link ;)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby SteelCityCopper » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:21 pm

beauanderos wrote:Jeff Nielsen feels TPTB are driving the markets down pre-emptively ahead of November 22nd. What happens then? Well, the SuperCommittee is supposed to make their recommendations. They won't be able to agree. What happens then? Mandated cuts. What happens then? Quantitative Easing 3. What happens then? Silver and Gold take off... again. But from a lower platform than then would have had their not been market interventions. This is traditionally one of the strongest times of the year for precious metals, and studying the charts should provide irrefutable proof to those who still resist the idea that the markets are engineered to produce unnatural results.

Agreed. Interesting watching the pre-emptive drops build prior to 11/22. What do you think the bottom will be before we see gold and silver take off again? - Thoughts JFF, Beauanderos, Neil, or anyone else smarter on market mechanics? This may help some folks here plan if they have cash burning a hole in their pocket. Good to see it dropping back down a bit.
Jason
- JPM doesn't determine our prices, the market does -
Steel City Copper
http://www.steelcitycopper.com
SteelCityCopper
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals