seriously??wtf is wrong with people

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: seriously??wtf is wrong with people

Postby cesariojpn » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:53 pm

twentybux wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:At this point brother I wouldn't sell or donate them for a thousand bucks a piece. The memory of events belongs in or hearts and minds......not on a silver plated fake coin......They are going where they belong.........the landfill. I will not profit from them.

Doc do-right

Way to go Doc. You had my respect long before this thread. ;) Thanks for allowing yourself to be a role model to others. God bless you bro!

I find it completely ironic that your willing to just throw out the coins out with the regular trash when we have a forum dedicated to scrap metal and how people are asking how to obtain metals to sell to scrap yards and grumble when landfill operators act like idiots with scrap metal. I also find it ironic that we have forum members that will support such wanton waste of resources, irregardless of what they maybe or represent. I also find it ironic we joke and try to find ways and help each other to INCREASE our PM and copper hoards, but are willing to throw away an opportunity as minor as this.

Do I think the medals are in poor taste? Yes.

Do I think you could dispose of them in some fashion other than just throwing it with the regular municipal trash and let them sit in an airless tomb for thousands of years or get burned into oxidized metal in some incinerator?? Yes.

Do you have to profit from the travesty? Not really if you take the time and effort to find ways not to profit from it. Target practice with a gun, blow it up, turn them into washers, weld them onto a car as a hood ornament for demolition derby........hell, I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a War Nickel or a few rolls of copper pennies in trade and throw that onto a hoard.

I dunno, it just pains me when I see people throw away even minor opportunities like this to obtain a small profit a/or gain like that.
Last edited by cesariojpn on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby hobo finds » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:42 pm

Drop them off in a Salvation Army Kettle
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby jasmatk » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:43 pm

hobo finds wrote:Drop them off in a Salvation Army Kettle

yea instead of the usual story of some generous person put a $20 gold piece in the bucket,some scum bag gave us fake 9/11 silver

I say land fill..
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals