Help with a find

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Help with a find

Postby hejira11 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:36 am

This was a gift to my mom back in the 80's. It is from Greece. Total weight (with wood frame) is 2lbs. It has .950 Silver stamped into it. I want to dismantle it and keep it for scrap. Any thoughts would be welcome.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Re: Help with a find

Postby galenrog » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:14 am

This is a wonderful icon. Clearly a tourist type piece, but still a very nice. If you are considering scrapping it, please take it to a few of you Christian (particularly Catholic) friends and ask them what they might want to pay for it. If you still want to scrap it, at least leave it intact until you are actually cart it off to your refiner.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:21 am

what is the measurements on that?
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby hejira11 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:39 am

I am gonna leave it intact and seek out a collector in the future. The silver area measures 7.5" X 9.25" inches. The thickness varies. The wood adds an inches to both those numbers.

thank you for the input galenrog.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals