Cheapest place to buy Eagles

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Cheapest place to buy Eagles

Postby Pennysaved » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:07 am

I know someone asked before where is the cheapest online place to buy Eagles.

I know Tulving is #1 but don't want to buy in that big of a quantity.

What were the other 2 sites where you could buy in lower quantities.

Sorry couldn't find that old thread.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Cheapest place to buy Eagles

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:17 am

Dunno about cheapest, but the place that impressed me the most of the three dealers I bought from in the recent dip (Gaineville, AMPEX the other two) was Texas Precious Metals. That was via a tip from someone here (lost that post). They only ship what they own - fastest shipper of the three by far, they were responsive and communicative, and they were reasonable.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Double3 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:18 am

Goldmart?
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:44 am

Also compare to beauanderos' prices here.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:46 am

68Camaro wrote:Dunno about cheapest, but the place that impressed me the most of the three dealers I bought from in the recent dip (Gaineville, AMPEX the other two) was Texas Precious Metals. That was via a tip from someone here (lost that post). They only ship what they own - fastest shipper of the three by far, they were responsive and communicative, and they were reasonable.

Texas Precious Metals is about 1.5 hours from my home. I was thinking about driving over there to pick up some Maples (better pricing than Eagles and .9999 pure). They offer a volume discount so if you want to do a group order, I will coordinate. PM me if you have questions.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby dakota1955 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:15 pm

I have brought from Texas before and had good luck with them.
dakota1955

Postby exbingoaddict » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Best rate I've always had was with Market Harmony.

http://www.marketharmony.net
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby inflationhawk » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:45 pm

Here are two that I need to start ordering from:
http://www.providentmetals.com
http://www.gainesvillecoins.com

I've always used APMEX, but their pricing is not as competitive as it used to be, except when they have sales. That's generally the only time I buy from them anymore.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:47 am

i would just post a WTB ad here after the price has stopped moving on a friday.

personally, if you pay much more than tulving, i don't like ASEs and would buy 90% instead.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:59 am

Try goldeneagle.com. Good prices and they ship only what they have. I used to use APMEX but as stated above, their prices are no longer the most competetive. Too big for our own good. Also, mintproducts.com. Prices are good, shipping adequate but the people are so nice. Sometimes that does make a difference.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TXBullion » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:14 am

shinosuke is talking about a group buy. That might be something to take part in.....
TXBullion

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals