My new craigslist want ad

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

My new craigslist want ad

Postby NHsorter » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:57 am

I have had very little luck with responses to a few different craigslist want ads that I have put up. I even tried listing my offer prices on common stuff. Here is my new angle. It'll be funny as hell if this works. More likely is that it will get flagged in about 20 mins.

WANTED: Silver, Gold, Old Coins

I am a collector of Silver, Gold, and other old coins. I am interested in all sorts of different stuff so let me know what you have. Meet me in a public place like Dunkin Donuts, we can have a coffee and bitch about Obama. Then I'll pay you more than a coin shop will for your coins.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Re: My new craigslist want ad

Postby agmoose » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:07 am

LOL - I love it. I know you won't read this for a while since your phone must be ringing off of the hook!!!!!!!!!!!
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rastatodd » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:36 am

Here! Here! Dam the person who would flag such a great work of art!
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby mr18 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:02 pm

One thing I don't see on your CL add is what you specifically buy and how much you buy them for. Try to itemize and add pictures, you will get more emails that way.
mr18
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Hawkeye » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Love it. Who would not respond to that?
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby penny pretty » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:47 pm

I put an ad on craigslist. I will pay a dollar more than any local dealer. it got flagged in 5 minutes
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NHsorter » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:24 pm

mr18 wrote:One thing I don't see on your CL add is what you specifically buy and how much you buy them for. Try to itemize and add pictures, you will get more emails that way.

I have tried that a few times, but it never worked. So far this ad has not worked either.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby galenrog » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:59 am

I have the same problem here. Always some dillweed out there flagging ads. I put one up two states away where we are going to visit this week and have had some success. At least it was not flagged.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals