going to be a bad week

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

going to be a bad week

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:47 pm

the only thing that will slow the slip is Thanksgiving, of which i wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving....at least we got the gift of foresight given to us! fondly, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: going to be a bad week

Postby Silver Addict » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:18 am

That's what I'm reading. Everyone thinks it's going to be a bad week. The majority is usually wrong. Hoping that holds true this week. We shall see. Metals aren't doing much of anything so far, probably waiting for the 8am smack-down.
Silver Addict
Penny Collector Member

Postby galenrog » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:48 am

Does this mean we might see some bargains??
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:51 am

Read a post elsewhere that the SuperCommittee aides are leaking that the only thing being accomplished of late in the meetings is the decision of how to break it to the public tomorrow that a consensus was not reached. I would think this would be just about an automatic precursor to QE3, so possibly good for us. I hate all this negativity... and I'm gonna tell Mom if you guys don't quit it! :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:44 am

Metal's getting hammered right now. Particularly silver. Meet the Fokkers.
beauanderos

Postby slickeast » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:38 am

Note to self. Never buy silver on Saturday again
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:19 am

Silver Addict wrote:That's what I'm reading. Everyone thinks it's going to be a bad week. The majority is usually wrong. Hoping that holds true this week. We shall see. Metals aren't doing much of anything so far, probably waiting for the 8am smack-down.

i'm usually of the same opinion, ie, i zig, while everybody zags, but in this case, the 'everybody' is a small crew, on my FB page, its all about this football game, and that drinking bout, just like kids make sandcastles so intently they cant see that frigging 100 foot tsunami 6 nm's out, bearing down on them.

Naw, this gonna be a bad hit, its the "super cmmte's" abject failure as leaders thats gonna be the nail in sentiment, only Thanksgiving will get these humps away from the algo swipes, computers...whatever these short sighted lil greedy shites are going to do make 4th qt bonus money...sorry to be negative, i get to go be with family now, meaning turkey, all the trimmings and a cornucopia of intoxicants, let not one be sober...that will be next week, when i go buy 4 hundred foot rolls of razor wire, and Puma delivers her litter of pure bred pit bulls of which i get two of the pick of the litter, both females. Women take no prisoners, which make them my good girls, name them Eowyn and Arwen, voice train the lasses in Korean.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:44 am

so the fact that the U.S. politboro can't even come up with a plan to reduce the budget deficit, let alone actually reduce the deficit, is somehow supposed to be good for the dollar and bad for pm's? i don't follow the logic.

as rick rule says, you are either a contrarian or a victim.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SteelCityCopper » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:30 am

neilgin1 wrote:Women take no prisoners...

:lol: Confirmed!
Jason
- JPM doesn't determine our prices, the market does -
Steel City Copper
http://www.steelcitycopper.com
SteelCityCopper
Penny Pincher Member

Postby JJM » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:49 am

There's no vehicle to announce another round of QE this week, but there are several vehicles for announcing the fall of ___________ (you have several options - fill in the blank) in regards to Europe this week. Can't think of a better time to do it, the U.S. is closed on Thursday & away for a long weekend. Many in the top tier in the financial world are on extended vacation into the New Year shortly thereafter. I would imagine its all set up and ready to hit "play" on some level.
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:15 pm

Getting spanked today and not enjoying it. Where's the dominatrix when you need her? :? :lol:
beauanderos

Postby Mossy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Well, Rosie has some experience in that profession. That's how she was supposed to have worked her way through a college or two. (not that she /attended/ the colleges)
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:42 pm

i was driving all day long, and only had access to the DJIA and the SnP. i must tell you i was rather surprised that it wasnt worse. i thought equities were in for 4% + declines. i know vol was light. but my biggest surprise was the way silver held up, yes yes, i know it closes where it closes, but it feels as if, bear raids on board silver are getting less potent. Thats not wishful thinking, its a cold blooded read of the way the market handles the bad days. what concerns me are euro bonds 5s10s going inverse, that would be bad.

i'll say this again, get OUT of all paper vehicles, etf's, futures, stocks........physical only. just my read.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby frugalcanuck » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:58 pm

I wouldnt get out of all paper vehicles. I think it is a good time to buy when the markets crash. Last crash (2008) I was not as prepared as the one I hope is coming soon. When it does come Ill be buying stocks and metals I think they will both be depressed.... Im hoping they will both be depressed because thats what Im preparing for.
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:00 pm

frugalcanuck wrote:I wouldnt get out of all paper vehicles. I think it is a good time to buy when the markets crash. Last crash (2008) I was not as prepared as the one I hope is coming soon. When it does come Ill be buying stocks and metals I think they will both be depressed.... Im hoping they will both be depressed because thats what Im preparing for.

Or maybe they are depressed now. I plan to buy quite a lot this week.
barrytrot

Postby silverflake » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:33 pm

Here's one of those "I can't verify this story" type of stories that come out when TSHTF like today felt. My broker calls me this morning to tell me to move into cash (hope you guys have brokers who tell you the same). But he says he's hearing stories that China is telling it's citizens that are in Europe either living there or working or both - to pull their money out of Europe. Now, I'm thinking 'crash' but my broker says it's because of risk of confiscation (which I guess could be a result of a crash or visa-versa). Strange times indeed. Went out and bought some more eagles yesterday with some money I literally scraped together.

Keep your heads friends and...
Keep stacking!
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:40 pm

barrytrot wrote:
frugalcanuck wrote:I wouldnt get out of all paper vehicles. I think it is a good time to buy when the markets crash. Last crash (2008) I was not as prepared as the one I hope is coming soon. When it does come Ill be buying stocks and metals I think they will both be depressed.... Im hoping they will both be depressed because thats what Im preparing for.

I managed to buy a few hundred shares of USLV (triple silver) at $42 yesterday. It's up about $6 a share right now. The only trouble I've noticed with this one is it isn't exact on the three to one tracking. :?
beauanderos

Postby barrytrot » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:57 pm

silverflake wrote:Here's one of those "I can't verify this story" type of stories that come out when TSHTF like today felt. My broker calls me this morning to tell me to move into cash (hope you guys have brokers who tell you the same). But he says he's hearing stories that China is telling it's citizens that are in Europe either living there or working or both - to pull their money out of Europe. Now, I'm thinking 'crash' but my broker says it's because of risk of confiscation (which I guess could be a result of a crash or visa-versa). Strange times indeed. Went out and bought some more eagles yesterday with some money I literally scraped together.

Keep your heads friends and...
Keep stacking!

Mark this post and check out how "accurate" this guy's "advice" is in 3 months.

My guess: Not very.
barrytrot

Postby theo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:04 pm

The broker's advice was to "go into cash" but that move has its own risk. To a broker, cash usually means a money market account which (correct me if I'm wrong) is basically a mutual fund of short-term debt instruments. I've heard that some of this debt is European. Someone at work claimed that a few of these money market funds have as much as 40% European exposure. This seems a little high, but any exposure is a concern even with short-term debt.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby theo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:07 pm

barrytrot wrote:

I'm glad you are confident, Barry. Let's hope you are not catching a falling knife.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby barrytrot » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:55 pm

theo wrote:
barrytrot wrote:

I'm glad you are confident, Barry. Let's hope you are not catching a falling knife.

I've caught dozens of falling knives over the years.

But in all cases the rebound happened and when it did I was up more than if I had just twiddled my thumbs. Of course, catching all those falling knives meant I had no thumbs, but that's another story. :)
barrytrot

Postby slickeast » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:23 pm

Things are looking better today. Dead cat bounce?
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:30 pm

PMs are better, rest of market, and economy, sucks.

I think the worst damage is done for PMs in this dip, but do your own due diligence...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Beau » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Short week Monday was ok then Tuesday down, but a whole week?
with THANKS GIVING OFF in the middle.
then who knows, but it is looking better, with just 2 days left in the week.

besides that most people that can get by with it don`t show up all week, or not Thursday or Friday for sure.

do you have any political, or stock market people that work hollidays.
well not here so how can this be a bad week.
gov. people are the most lazy people you can find maybe next week.

so everyone feed your guest, get rid of your company, and lets cancel this week and go fishing.

HAPPY THANKS GIVING EVERYONE

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:25 am

"gonna be a bad week" was meant for equities and debt issuances, and it WAS. i do not write that with 'pleasure'. Yet i'm sure everyone has seen how PM's have held up. the canary i watch is BoA......but thats just the "noise" of the market. i amen Beau's Happy Thanksgiving!

i revel in the company of family....all the other shite pales in comparison to their company and love, including this 'bad week'. these foolish men chase after their paper and their money, and they are doomed, because they cant discern TRUE wealth. Being loved by kin, true wealth. PM's...true money, that takes care of the kin.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals