Gold is the highest valued PM in FRN

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Gold is the highest valued PM in FRN

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:51 am

Welcome to a place and time where gold is worth more than any other PM. Yep, Rhodium is even a little cheaper. You know Rhodium, that metal that traded for $10,000 per ounce a little over 4 short years ago. :shock:

If it cooked at a lower temp and worked easier....I'd be buying a little.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: Gold is the highest valued PM in FRN

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:06 am

I see silver is in the green right now. The GSR was in the low thirties when silver was almost $50. So is silver under priced or is gold over priced?
Right now GSR
Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz008.jpg
Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz008.jpg (36.12 KiB) Viewed 379 times
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:13 am

I think that they are both under priced right now, but silver is more under priced than gold. Just my opinion though.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:49 am

NHsorter wrote:I think that they are both under priced right now, but silver is more under priced than gold. Just my opinion though.

Yeah? Well, you know what your opinion is worth. Hey but wait... you're right! :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby SoFa » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:59 am

Holy cow. What happened to rhodium?
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:31 pm

henrysmedford wrote:I see silver is in the green right now. The GSR was in the low thirties when silver was almost $50. So is silver under priced or is gold over priced?
Right now GSR
Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz008.jpg

Bingo ;)

Nobody shoot me on this one.....but IMO....relative to all other PM's GOLD is WAY over-valued.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Mossy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:44 pm

SoFa wrote:Holy cow. What happened to rhodium?

Industries are getting hammered?
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby hejira11 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:05 pm

beauanderos wrote:
NHsorter wrote:I think that they are both under priced right now, but silver is more under priced than gold. Just my opinion though.

Yeah? Well, you know what your opinion is worth. Hey but wait... you're right! :lol:

+1 :)
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rosco » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:45 pm

I bought a Gram today as I could afford it an believe that Grams will receive a premium on a sale ;)
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:47 pm

Rosco....this is what I am getting at:

Au is overvalued when viewed as a Commodity vs another commodity (silver for example).............FRN is not part of the equation as it has no real value :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Rodie just wants gold at 16:1 silver to be $524 so he can do more fillings. :lol:
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:28 am

This from Ted Butler:

"The recent underperformance of silver relative to gold and other commodities presents an added reason to consider silver as undervalued. While many investors view relative price weakness as a reason to avoid purchase, that reaction is incorrect for a market already manipulated to the downside, like silver. In fact, an objective analysis of the relative price moves this year in gold and silver should bring that out. Silver and gold have more in common than any other commodity, making them an ideal relative comparison. As I write this, gold is up $325 (23%) year to date, while silver is up $2 (6.5%). (Admittedly, silver has generally outperformed gold on different time spans). Since there are 3 billion ounces of gold bullion in the world (out of 5 billion oz total), the value of those bullion ounces have increased this year by almost $1 trillion, to over $5.2 trillion. The total value of the world’s one billion ounces of silver bullion has increased by $2 billion to $33 billion. In other words, the increase alone in the value of the world’s gold bullion this year is 30 times greater than the total value of all the world’s silver bullion. Please think about that for a moment."

"My point is that there is not much difference in the investment merits of gold and silver to warrant such a mismatch in the value of each. Both are precious metals valued by world investors in times of economic stress and loss of confidence. That the dollar value of gold is almost 175 times greater than the dollar value of silver is absurd. Let me be clear in what I am saying. I am not saying that gold is valued at absurd levels; I am saying that silver is being valued at absurdly low levels relative to gold. It is absurd that a ten dollar change in the gold price is equal to the total value of all the world’s silver bullion. The true absurdity is that this mismatch in relative values is not yet recognized by the world’s investors, even the big and sharp hedge fund operators. As and when it is recognized, those investors will rush to buy silver. In a very real sense, the higher gold prices climb, the better it is for silver. A higher gold price is the silver investor’s best friend."
beauanderos

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals