Jefferson Quarters

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Jefferson Quarters

Postby DuckTales253 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:22 am

Apparently in 1961, 1963, and 1964, it was actually Thomas Jefferson who appeared on the U.S. quarter dollar coins! You must admit, the resemblance to George Washington is striking!

old US 90% silver coins. Jefferson Quarters, $0.75 face value

This reminds me of the Jay Leno skit where he quizzes people on the street about American History. It is pretty sad how little the average person really know about what should be elementary things.
"No man is poor who can do what he likes to do once in a while!" - Scrooge McDuck
DuckTales253
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Jefferson Quarters

Postby jasmatk » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:12 pm

What a dork,under mint location he checked carson city
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby mbailey1234 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:18 pm

DuckTales253 wrote:Apparently in 1961, 1963, and 1964, it was actually Thomas Jefferson who appeared on the U.S. quarter dollar coins! You must admit, the resemblance to George Washington is striking!

old US 90% silver coins. Jefferson Quarters, $0.75 face value

This reminds me of the Jay Leno skit where he quizzes people on the street about American History. It is pretty sad how little the average person really know about what should be elementary things.

LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby dakota1955 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:49 pm

no comment needed
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby twentybux » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Like my grandfather used to say, you can't fix stupid. :D
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby strikeaxe » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:47 pm

must be a mouth breather.
America has become the NO DEPOSIT NO RETURN country.
strikeaxe
Penny Sorter Member

Postby JadeDragon » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:34 pm

This special that aired in Canada a few years back will be instructional to my American friends:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeNrgXZpeAw Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXxO95_z10s Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlYEunjonYE Part 3
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby bigjohn56 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:01 pm

There are a lot of opportunities to pick up some very rare coins on Ebay. Be on the lookout for Peace Morgan dollars. Especially minted in New York or Ottawa. Hard to find but they are out there.

Yesterday someone posted multiple Morgan dollar auctions with pictures that looked just like Buffalo nickels. How rare is that? Have you ever seen a Morgan Buffalo? Opportunity knocks!
bigjohn56
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals