Got some under spot!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Got some under spot!

Postby agmoose » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:42 am

Most of the time these days - things on the Bay are overpriced, but I was able to catch a BIN auction w/free shipping last weekend right after the seller posted it, lots of 10 silver quarters for $50 dlvd. Only 20x face. Yeah, there is some wear, etc., but still I was pretty happy to add a little to the stack at well under spot.

Not at many sellers do low priced BINs as they used to, so I guess I just got lucky on that one. All in all last week, I had bids on 94 auctions (never bidding over spot for the coins and shipping combined) and won 2, which is about normal for me, plus the 1 BIN mentioned here.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Got some under spot!

Postby dtfstock » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:02 pm

Did you snag all of the lots? Congrats!!
dtfstock

Postby bman » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:17 pm

keep your eye on that seller, they might list some other good deals. 8-)
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:19 pm

Sometimes people don't feel like waiting and they want the money now. The seller could be desparate or out of a job.

When I was buying off ebay in the early 2000's, I could usually sense when the seller was desparate. I've made sellers offers to buy everything they have at one shot... 50% of the time they take the offer. Saves on shipping costs too.

Don't be afraid to haggle, but be careful when something is too good to be true, especially where silver dollars or bars are concerned. Many counterfeits floating around on Ebay.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby GA-Silver » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:35 pm

I got a similar deal today........bought 5 1964 quarters for $25 from a guy at my dads shop. Silver under spot is always great!
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby misteroman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:56 am

put an ad on craigslist and you can buy for 10 percent off everyday as much as you want
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby tractorman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:52 am

misteroman wrote:put an ad on craigslist and you can buy for 10 percent off everyday as much as you want

Perhaps. You would need to live in a more populous area than me, though.
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby PADFH » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:40 pm

So do most people consider anything under spot a good price for circulated silver? Most ebay prices seem at least 10% over, plus shipping costs.

Made my first ever silver purchase today. $4 face, WL halves, $100. Seemed good to me.
PADFH
Penny Pincher Member

Postby agmoose » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:21 pm

Spot or under is what I consistently seek to pay.

I did contact the seller, and he says he may be able to get more and work a deal outside of ebay and the fees. "fingers crossed".
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby VWBEAMER » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:13 pm

Got some of my best deals searching newly listed, buy it now auctions. I was buying some dimes last week and they sold before I could finish reading the listing. You have to be quick on a good buy it now auction.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals