Pricing on National parks coins -updated pricing information

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Pricing on National parks coins -updated pricing information

Postby fb101 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:31 pm

http://www.apmex.com/Product/59810/2010 ... lated.aspx

No price listed now, but interestingly enough my numismatic news mentions that the fixed price for dealers is $9.75 over spot for the coin.
So saying, dealer cost for the 5 oz piece may have been as high as $759.75 for 5 coins.
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Apmex pricing on National parks coins

Postby fb101 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:23 pm

OK - Latest update indicates the mint was upset by the price gouging (bordering on thievery) of their distributors and have now clamped down;
good article from numisnews. (corrects my first info; cost is +9.75 -->per coin<--.)

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Art ... leId=16519

Prices to authorized purchasers are based on the London morning silver price plus $9.75 a coin. Orders confirmed by the Mint Dec. 10, for example, were priced based on London’s a.m. price of $29.33 an ounce on Dec. 13, or $146.65 plus $9.75. This equals $156.40 a coin, or $782 for a five-coin set. With a 10 percent mark-up, the total comes to $860.20 a set plus the allowable shipping and handling charge.

$34 per Toz +S&H
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Pricing on National parks coins -updated pricing informa

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:47 am

Anyone get their grubby fingers on these yet?

Whats the news with our buds at APMEX? I am on the "e-mail me when product is available list." Still no word from them.

I have a little FRN burning a hole in my pocket and a place reserved in my safe for these coins.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals