Gold futures hit >$2600

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Gold futures hit >$2600

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:26 am

Futures isn't a "real" price, I know, so this doesn't satisfy a 25 handle in my book, but it's notable.

Edit 13 Sep: Futures close at 2610.
Last edited by 68Camaro on Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Gold futures hit >$2500

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:58 am

Will it be a real price in the future? Why doesn't inflation of the money supply not apply to gold? One of life's simple little mysteries.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Aug 13, 2024 4:34 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Will it be a real price in the future? Why doesn't inflation of the money supply not apply to gold? One of life's simple little mysteries.

I dunno. A lot of things that should compute don't anymore and my only explanation is that the system is broken and or rigged. There is still a moderate correlation between the USD and the price of gold - that's the only thing that seems to hold up, and I'm not sure that will hold forever.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby pennypicker » Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:18 pm

I have a friend who has been in the silver business since 1979 and when we were discussing the current silver market he told me technical charts and silver's history don't really mean anything anymore as we are in uncharted waters and it is more unpredictable than he's ever seen it.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Aug 17, 2024 8:02 am

Well spot closed over $2500 yesterday, so that earlier futures price (though it dropped first, then came back) ended up being confirmed.
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:52 am

My guy has a display case full of silver bars, eagles and maples (though no 90% oddly), but he can't keep gold in the store. Which is sorta the opposite of last winter.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:03 pm

Asian markets have opened and gold is up...just a little.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby thecrazyone » Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:37 pm

Wow, yet another all time high!!
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby thecrazyone » Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:20 am

$2537.60 today
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby thecrazyone » Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:11 pm

$2585.25 today!
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Re: Gold futures hit >$2600

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:02 pm

Futures closed at $2610 so I edited the title
68Camaro

Re: Gold futures hit >$2600

Postby thecrazyone » Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:23 am

Wow!
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals