What price point are you gonna sell your silver, or are you?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: What price point are you gonna sell your silver, or are

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:28 am

My spreadsheet has a calc to find the $/oz that pays off the mortgage on my house.

But after some thought, it might be better to default on this house in a few years, and use the hoard to buy a different house at a lower Ag cost. Its quite possible that real estate has another price crash coming up. Why sell the hoard & pay the mortgage off, only to loose all that value?

And then there is the possibility of liens attached to any house, where its not likely the hoard can have a lien against it, if it can be found. ;)
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:24 am

What about selling your house now to an investor and then signing a lease for 2-3 years? In the meantime, if the stink hits the fan, it will be easier to walk away from a lease than from a mortgage. But with a long lease term like that, the investor would have confidence to buy. You can then cash out and buy more PMs.

Since San Antonio is not where I will be during societal meltdown, that's what I would do if I owned a house.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:52 am

i'll sell when its overvalued.

relative to gold, thats at 20 GSR or less.

if I see real estate yielding 15% or more, I might trade for that.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 999Ni » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:16 pm

Awesome replies, guys. Thank you.

Seems like there are a bunch of different exit strategies that people would pursue. It's interesting to hear other peoples viewpoints on this.

Whether its playing the G/S ratio, or moving into investing in something else that's undervalued, to the real estate game, or selling enough at $50 to recoup your original investment & holding the rest, to not selling at all.......I think these are all good ideas that should be considered by folks on an individual basis or what will work for you!

I love silver, but I'm not gonna be buried with it.
Ron Paul 2012!

999Ni
Penny Pincher Member

Postby silverflake » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:41 pm

OK gang, best way to sell? Do I go the ebay route? Do I call APMEX? What about the pawn shop? And what about those dang taxes? What do you do (or how will you sell when the time comes?) Thanks in advance.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 999Ni » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:24 pm

silverflake wrote:OK gang, best way to sell? Do I go the ebay route? Do I call APMEX? What about the pawn shop? And what about those dang taxes? What do you do (or how will you sell when the time comes?) Thanks in advance.

I will try to do as many face-to-face cash transactions as possible. No paper trail, or taxes to worry about!
Ron Paul 2012!

999Ni
Penny Pincher Member

Postby aloneibreak » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:30 pm

silverflake wrote:OK gang, best way to sell? Do I go the ebay route? Do I call APMEX? What about the pawn shop? And what about those dang taxes? What do you do (or how will you sell when the time comes?) Thanks in advance.

i wouldnt even bother with ebay - they'll kill you with fees...
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby mr18 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:48 pm

ebay classifieds, oodle.com and Craigs list for me, i havent sold, but thats where i buy
mr18
Penny Pincher Member

Postby marine70 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:39 am

On good Friday I sold a bag of 90% dimes for $3150 in St Louis, I also sold all my Canadian for 24 X base. I did not need the money but I thought I would take some profit. If anyone is in the St Louis area, Missouri coin pays the best. Honest and respectable business.
marine70
Penny Collector Member

Postby knibloe » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:59 pm

I was going to sell half at 28. Then I was going to sell half at 35, 40, 45.

I guess I have to face reality and accept the fact that I do not need to sell it and do not want to sell it.

As far as the best way to sell it, I have had some good transactions on the forum. If I ever decide to sell, I will start here.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals