6 Nov 11-Silver at 40 by Friday 11 Nov

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

6 Nov 11-Silver at 40 by Friday 11 Nov

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:11 pm

lets see if i'm a dunceski, or not.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: 6 Nov 11-Silver at 40 by Friday 11 Nov

Postby bman » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:14 pm

I hope you are right, we shall see! 8-)
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:18 pm

I sold a little bit at the coin show today.. that usually makes the price go up. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:18 pm

I sold a little bit at the coin show today.. that usually makes the price go up. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Silver Addict » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:34 am

You can say that again :mrgreen:
Silver Addict
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:56 am

Noooooo! I want it to go back to $25 so I can buy more!!! Then let it rocket to $50!! :D
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:09 am

And then?
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:13 am

i'm not trying to hedge, but i might be a dunceski, i'm watching EVERYTHING trade, and it seems like you have a bunch of guys paralyzed. a LOT of that is due to the MF mess. i dont know if people really know how huge that was. Basically a LOT of accts have been frozen, etc etc.......a lot of wierdness in the mkts today. there were a small silver bulls holding retail MF accts, in every futures mkt. There were a lot of "introducing brokers" (which are small futures investment firms) who cleared thru MF and they dont know where they're "at" today. i read this lethargy hit the london metals ex, the LME, trade was slow there.....you see, THIS is why i been screaming for months, dont trade any paper investments, no futures, no etf's, no stock....i THOUGHT it was going to be an exchange defaulting, it didnt occur to me that a major futures house would crater, and what that would bring about, which is this, water logged scared markets, and thats what i see in the silver mkt, the board, watching it trade...so i dont REALLY know if we're gonna do 40 by friday. i dont have ANY paper investments, Thank God!....coz i'd be OUT. i'm really fighting fear, personally i'm set up good, but there's a few family members i'd like it have within eye shot. whole point, i should never have made this bold claim, coz frankly i dont know. Long term?...oh yeh, i KNOW. $130 first stop and 100X's face on the 90's, but other than that? i have no clue. Sometimes i think i'm going to not look at the computer/mkts/info as MUCH, and focus more locally. respectfully, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:16 am

neilgin1 wrote:i'm not trying to hedge, but i might be a dunceski, i'm watching EVERYTHING trade, and it seems like you have a bunch of guys paralyzed. a LOT of that is due to the MF mess. i dont know if people really know how huge that was. Basically a LOT of accts have been frozen, etc etc.......a lot of wierdness in the mkts today. there were a small silver bulls holding retail MF accts, in every futures mkt. There were a lot of "introducing brokers" (which are small futures investment firms) who cleared thru MF and they dont know where they're "at" today. i read this lethargy hit the london metals ex, the LME, trade was slow there.....you see, THIS is why i been screaming for months, dont trade any paper investments, no futures, no etf's, no stock....i THOUGHT it was going to be an exchange defaulting, it didnt occur to me that a major futures house would crater, and what that would bring about, which is this, water logged scared markets, and thats what i see in the silver mkt, the board, watching it trade...so i dont REALLY know if we're gonna do 40 by friday. i dont have ANY paper investments, Thank God!....coz i'd be OUT. i'm really fighting fear, personally i'm set up good, but there's a few family members i'd like it have within eye shot. whole point, i should never have made this bold claim, coz frankly i dont know. Long term?...oh yeh, i KNOW. $130 first stop and 100X's face on the 90's, but other than that? i have no clue. Sometimes i think i'm going to not look at the computer/mkts/info as MUCH, and focus more locally. respectfully, neil

Don't worry Neil... no one takes you seriously anyway :lol: No, bud, just kidding. What I meant to say is that we all realize no one can predict any timing moves to a particular level with pinpoint accuracy. Whenever someone posts a prediction, what we gain from that is the person's sense of hope or optimism that the price will trend in that direction. I'm going to go out on a limb here and generalize, but I would say, Neil, that what we all value most is a chance to share in the experiences of a keen mind, whose "gut instincts" are based on many years of trading experience in related fields, which, frankly, most of us don't have.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:38 am

thanks for the kudos, but you guys here have your poo poo together big time. anybody that had the foresight to start stacking at 4-5 dollars has my TOTAL respect, i was a hard money guy, but didnt walk the talk till early 08, and have had to play absolute catch up ball. But i do stand in respect of the knowledge base here, the only thing i got REALLY blessed in was that i got out of Mordor, and back into the Shire, and my hope and prayer is that any man here that wants out of the cities, may his dream be realized, amen. neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:11 pm

beauanderos wrote:What I meant to say is that we all realize no one can predict any timing moves to a particular level with pinpoint accuracy. Whenever someone posts a prediction, what we gain from that is the person's sense of hope or optimism that the price will trend in that direction. I'm going to go out on a limb here and generalize, but I would say, Neil, that what we all value most is a chance to share in the experiences of a keen mind, whose "gut instincts" are based on many years of trading experience in related fields, which, frankly, most of us don't have.

Well said..my sentiments exactly. ;)
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Noooooo! I want it to go back to $25 so I can buy more!!! Then let it rocket to $50!! :D

Dude, to point out the obvious, you just had a big chance at 29ish, and if you didn't buy then, well - I can't help you. :shock: 25, 29, what's the difference? When it's 50 vs 54, will you care? No.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:21 pm

neilgin1 wrote:thanks for the kudos, but you guys here have your poo poo together big time. anybody that had the foresight to start stacking at 4-5 dollars has my TOTAL respect

Thank you. Been stacking since 1985. 8-)
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Market Harmony » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:11 pm

I saw that the margin limits have actually been REDUCED in order to help along this MF Global, uh "global," thing work itself out.

I'm not sure what this all means for the price of silver, but I firmly agree that paper does not always beat rock
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby DirtyFingers » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:22 pm

Neil, patience is the key. I started stacking in 1965 while working at a grocery store, all the while trying to maintain a certain level of gasoline in the tank of my car in order to be able to cruise on the weekends. Hard to do on 90 cents an hour, even back then.

It was easy to prep for the future in those times. Not so easy now. I'm the first to admit that I don't understand the paper market but I'm also the first to admit that I'll never be able to figure out uncertainty, no matter how many charts I look at.

DF
....not a fortunate son.
DirtyFingers
Penny Collector Member

Postby silverflake » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:57 pm

neilgin1, I hear ya on the paper stuff (ETFs etc. ) I am in SLV and IAU right now. I am afraid of them now. Been in a WHILE so I am up nice. I have just put some tight trade triggers in to sell on any more major breaks down. But I am getting greedy because I have been able to sell calls off of them and it's been easy money in my IRA. Sell outright or milk it some more?

Keep stacking the real stuff. Buying my first fire arm after selling some walking liberty halves. If you're gonna sell the stuff, get some land or lead dispensers right?
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:46 pm

silverflake wrote:neilgin1, I hear ya on the paper stuff (ETFs etc. ) I am in SLV and IAU right now. I am afraid of them now. Been in a WHILE so I am up nice. I have just put some tight trade triggers in to sell on any more major breaks down. But I am getting greedy because I have been able to sell calls off of them and it's been easy money in my IRA. Sell outright or milk it some more?

Keep stacking the real stuff. Buying my first fire arm after selling some walking liberty halves. If you're gonna sell the stuff, get some land or lead dispensers right?

ummm, my humble opinion, go for the weaponry first, mil-spec, semi-auto always, thats just me. and two things, decide your long gun round, and your sidearm round, and second, once you decide this, dont just buy the weapon and skimp on the ammo. in my opinion, the most undervalued semi-auto mil spec battle rifle is the Tula plant (russian) SKS, they were made for manufactured at Tula, for only 4 years, 1951-1954, the year is stamped on the upper reciever. The problem was the AK-47 had come on line and the SKS was "obsolete", but its a solid rifle. after 54, the soviets sold off the plans to other warsaw pact nations. DO NOT buy these, Yugo, Albanian, Romanian, Chinese, they are inferior. a Tula SKS can be had for $450, which is a relative bargain, and you buy 1,000 round lots..this would be the Warsaw Pact 7.62X39mm. (i loathe the AK-47, solely for the symbology, ie, commies, foreign third world militias and inner city gangbangers love this weapon, i dont) the other long guns, i love are the FN-FAL, G3, israeli Galil, similar platforms using the NATO 7.62X51, which is a .308, only problem is that they sure are expensive but worth it, IF you have the FRNs, i also am quite fond of the AR-15, using the American 5.56 mm round, People say the round is underpowered, i disagree, You got to go for the M855 armor piercing round, some AR dont have chrome lined upper recievers, and thought the .223 and 5,56 are considered same same...if you put a 5.56 gassed up armor piercing round in a non chrome lined reciever barrel, you might have problems...same thing, if you buy make sure you buy 1,000 round lots, and buy at least 4 quality MagPul magazines, never skimp on magazines, buy the best.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:56 pm

cont post: sidearms, i prefer the Ruger P-95 9mm. everybody is glock this glock that. Ruger is a damn good company, and i get accused of wimping out with the 9mm..underpowered, but again, i disagree..its the round, sure, if you buy chinese norinco 9mm, yeh, but i found a gem of a round, the Speer, "Gold Dot" Law enforcement round, it has a bolt of tungsten in the middle, pop off 15 rounds of that into a target or targets, you send a big message...again, same message, 1,000 round lots and 4 mags, and dont skimp on the mag's, buy the best. and as a period, you might want to buy a couple of Ruger 10/22's and 10,000 .22 cal rounds, shooting for the pot, so to speak, and the occasional tuning up. With your main battle rifles and sidearms, my advice is keep your powder dry, rely on muscle memory if you have a background in weapons...one more note, .22 cal rounds will be good tradeable items...of course, i own none of these, i just like to talk about them, its a way to pass the time...n
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:04 pm

neilgin1 wrote:cont post: sidearms, i prefer the Ruger P-95 9mm.
Had a Ruger 45. Also had a bunch of1911 pattern 45's. Had a brief moment of confusion at the range as to whether the safety went up or down to shoot on /this/ particular handgun, needed only a brief moment of consideration as to projected life expectancy if things got hairy, and sold the Ruger.

Do not mix safety types on handguns owned. It's not healthy.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby silverflake » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Fellas, fellas, whooooaaa my friends. I am a gun virgin. Grew up in Boston where only criminals have guns. I am starting slow - Remington 870. I will learn from here. I have good friend s guiding me. Appreciate the info but you are kind of trying to teach me surgery when I am just learning to walk. Thanks all the same though.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:26 pm

silverflake wrote:Fellas, fellas, whooooaaa my friends. I am a gun virgin. Grew up in Boston where only criminals have guns. I am starting slow - Remington 870. I will learn from here. I have good friend s guiding me. Appreciate the info but you are kind of trying to teach me surgery when I am just learning to walk. Thanks all the same though.

i'm teaching you Gun Fu grasshopper, and cast that horrid meme from your mind, that only criminals have guns. Thats a lie straight from the pit of hell, i'm an honest, law abiding, tax paying, play it by the numbers citizen. They put that meme in your mind, in an attempt to make you limp. Boston? that was the cradle of the Revolution, and look what they turned it into! The heroes of the Revolution, put everything on the line, lives, fortune, property and families,and in 2011, look at the shite they foisted on the people of Boston and Mass, King George good, guns bad.....just remember these key words, gunbroker dot com, russian sks, 7.62X39 mm ammo..start there.

for your perusal, just one example http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =258609515

another for 475 BIN...wow http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =257986662
Last edited by neilgin1 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:33 pm

Perhaps now you can understand why I live in Virginia (the home of Jefferson and Washington)...
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:34 pm

I prefer a .465 H&H magnum for the larger items and a Barrett .416 for precision.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:35 pm

silverflake wrote:Perhaps now you can understand why I live in Virginia (the home of Jefferson and Washington)...

i feel ya......
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby texcollex » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:11 pm

silverflake wrote:Fellas, fellas, whooooaaa my friends. I am a gun virgin. Grew up in Boston where only criminals have guns. I am starting slow - Remington 870. I will learn from here. I have good friend s guiding me. Appreciate the info but you are kind of trying to teach me surgery when I am just learning to walk. Thanks all the same though.

Hey, 870 is a pretty decent shotgun. I'm looking to buy one for my wife to keep around the house. They have a better balance than the Mossberg imho. She actually wants a handgun first, though. For now we've got the 1100, and my Belgium made Sweet 16 that I'm looking to get rid of and pick up a couple of P95's or such.

and to keep with the original thread,

neil, I appreciate your insights and always look to see what you have to say. I agree, that feeling of things coming to an intermediate head. I've stacked on and off lightly but haven't yet reached my comfort level for emergency funds. Off trying to buy my wife a handgun and a cheap ride right now. Frustrating.
texcollex
Penny Collector Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals